Originally Posted by Yari
    Good luck, let us know how it went!
    Yari - I love your cake!!! Beautiful!!!

Sorry...

#42 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
    • 668 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

So I didn't read all of the other comments, but read your thoughts. I would have been really hurt and disappointed also. I know that it is easier said than done, but try to put it aside and not dwell on it. When the time is right maybe you will have an opportunity to say something without it being too confrontational so that your FI doesn't feel like you are opening a can of worms.
      And for whose fault it is that she was not there/ didn't feel it to be a big deal.. Its no one but hers. She is a grown woman and should have known better. So I think that she is the one that looks like a jerk.
      i am sorry that someone special to you was not there for your special day.

#43 Amarillis

Amarillis
      • 1,913 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

Well girls, it has been nearly two weeks since my shower and my FSIL has not even made as much of a phone call or email to talk to me.

In time I am cooling off a bit, but when push comes to shove, my feelings are really hurt. I completely understand that people make plans on long weekends, most people hate having to go to weddings, showers, committments on long weekends, and most women hate showers (I am with you on this one).

But I guess at the end of the day we (most of us) love our families, and want to be with them for special moments.

I will confront her, but I have taken a stand that this will only be done in person, and I still believe that my future brother-in-law/best man, needs to hear what I have to say. FI seems to be good with that.....

Thanks for all the advice ladies, you are fantastic.

#44 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

That sounds like a good plan.

Sorry people suck!

#45 EricaG

EricaG
          • 1,915 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:00 PM

I think that sounds good as well, and I am glad to hear that your FI is fine with it as well. As for the FSIL, does she normally talk to you on a regualr basis? Is this odd that you havn't heard from her? Or is it normal to go this long without talking but you figured she would hae called to see how the shower went and would maybe let you know why she never came?
            http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
            My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#46 Amarillis

Amarillis
            • 1,913 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

Yeh, we usually talk on a regular basis, at a minimum, weekly via email.... but generally via email on an every other day basis.

FBIL/BM is away on training for work right now, and usually this is the time where I'll hear a lot from her... b/c she is alone.

But that hasn't been the case.

#47 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
              • 2,262 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Amarillis
                Yeh, we usually talk on a regular basis, at a minimum, weekly via email.... but generally via email on an every other day basis.

FBIL/BM is away on training for work right now, and usually this is the time where I'll hear a lot from her... b/c she is alone.

But that hasn't been the case.
                Sounds like a guilty mind to me lol look at it this way you won't have to bother with her and thats a few $$ saved at xmas and bdays lmao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users