Photo

editing posts - proper procedure/etiquette?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 catandcleo

catandcleo
  • 173 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

Sorry if this is one of those kind of questions, but I searched and did not find, so i'm hoping a mod can answer this one for me:

IS there some sort of established etiquette for editing your posts? I have started a thread with a list of songs and i want to compile them all. Is it okay for me to go in and edit the original post multiple times, adding songs as i go, or is this frowned upon? Is it better to just post again multiple times instead of editing?

Thanks!!!

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by catandcleo
      Sorry if this is one of those kind of questions, but I searched and did not find, so i'm hoping a mod can answer this one for me:

IS there some sort of established etiquette for editing your posts? I have started a thread with a list of songs and i want to compile them all. Is it okay for me to go in and edit the original post multiple times, adding songs as i go, or is this frowned upon? Is it better to just post again multiple times instead of editing?

Thanks!!!
      Um, hmm...maybe you should look here & see if this answers your question:
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t24194

If it doesn't you can always PM a mod & see what they suggest.

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by catandcleo

Thanks!!!

Hey - definitely go in and edit the original post. this will help keep it all clean and organized. if there are any posts that need to be deleted on that thread just PM me with a link to the thread and the post #'s.

thanks for asking!
        alyssa

#4 catandcleo

catandcleo
        • 173 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

Great - thanks so much Alyssa for clearing that up for me!

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:58 PM

Sometimes I write "UPDATE" in bold when I update my top post. Just so it makes sense. I think editing the top post is a great way to keep a thread organized. Like if a question is asked & then gets resolved, it helps to put an update in the top post so people don't keep answering.

#6 catandcleo

catandcleo
            • 173 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              Sometimes I write "UPDATE" in bold when I update my top post. Just so it makes sense. I think editing the top post is a great way to keep a thread organized. Like if a question is asked & then gets resolved, it helps to put an update in the top post so people don't keep answering.
              Ok, thanks - i will do that as well!

Thanks ladies!

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:01 PM

ditto what Alyssa and Morgan said!

#8 Cali

Cali
                • 281 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

Hello,

I'm not sure if this belong here and it might be a stupid question but I'm trying to update the title of my thread....any advise...

#9 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

A Mod will have to change the title.

Send one a PM with a link to the thread and what you want the new title to be.

#10 Bianca

Bianca
                    • 1,057 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Cali
                      Hello,

I'm not sure if this belong here and it might be a stupid question but I'm trying to update the title of my thread....any advise...
                      A mod has to do it. PM one and let them know what you want.
                      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
                      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users