Engagement pic - how much to budget

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

Hi All,
    I just realized one thing I forgot to budget for was engagement photos. How much should I budget for this? I am at a total loss on this one. Carla

#2 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
    • 451 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

We have a quote of $350 for 2 hours, with 2 places (outside). That includes the pics on high-resolution cd. Hope that helps!

#3 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

I didn't want to spend a lot. Found many good photographers willing to do it for 150-200$.

I would say 200-300$ is probably average for an average photographer. One with less experience might do it for 100$ or even for free (beginner photographer) and I don't want to imagine what the most expensive photographers probably charge.

I'd say you could find a photographer to suit whatever you want your budget to be.

#4 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Like any professional photographer, it depends where you go. We chose to go outside and have my brother take pics. I love the way they turned out!

#5 teacherbride

teacherbride
          • 354 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

Our photographer is doing our wedding photos as well, so he hooked us up with a free engagement shoot.

#6 adias.angel

adias.angel
            • 719 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:57 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SunBride
              I would say 200-300$ is probably average for an average photographer. One with less experience might do it for 100$ or even for free (beginner photographer) and I don't want to imagine what the most expensive photographers probably charge.
              That's great!! I thought it was going to run a lot more. We just want to do a couple hours outdoors and have the photos on DVD in high res. Thanks so much, I feel better now. :)

#7 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:35 AM

If you've booked your wedding photog already, a lot of times they offer e-pics for free. Our photographer in NYC was $350 for about 2 1/2 hours and that included 15 5x7's and 2 8x10's. That was a pretty reasonable price compared to what I saw from other NYC photogs ($750 for 1 hour, and didn't include ANYTHING!!!!)

#8 adias.angel

adias.angel
                • 719 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:44 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by *Heather*
                  If you've booked your wedding photog already, a lot of times they offer e-pics for free.
                  Actually we are booking Del Sol in the Riviera Maya for the wedding. So we won't be able to go down there to have e-pics done. It would be awesome if we could.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users