• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KAMEYER70
    I asked my hair stylist at home if it's worth it to do the hair trial. She made a good point... no two up-do's a like, so you might still get something different on your wedding day. I'm going to risk it and skip the trial run. (I'd rather be lounging by the pool with my guests anyway.) :)
    I'm thinking the same thing, but I'm afraid I might not like it.

Courtney ~ You make a very valid point! aggghhh....what to do.
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#42 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:06 PM

Jess do the trial run. I would have been a total bridezilla if I had those hair problems the day of the wedding.

#43 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

At least if you do the trial run, you'll know what to expect on your wedding day. I think it's better to eliminate unwanted surprises... IMO
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#44 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
        • 486 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KAMEYER70
          I just booked my appointments with Suzanne. She was very responsive. Below is the proposal she sent me...

This is the proposal for your Spa Party:
          Spa Party
          Date: October 19, 2007
          Set up: 9:00 am
          Starting: 10:00 am

Manicure/Pedicure.......................................... .$90.00 usd

Total............................................. .....................$540.00 usd
          10% taxes............................................. .............$54.00 usd
          15% tip............................................... ...............$81.00 usd

Grand total............................................. ..........$675.00 usd
          Minus deposit given on June 9, 2007............<$100.00 usd>

Balance........................................... ...................$575.00 usd

This is the new proposal for your Wedding day on October 20, 2007:

Date: October 20, 2007
          Set up: 10:00 am
          Starting time: 10:30 am
          Finished: 2:30 pm...Confirm this time please...

Bride long hair.............................................. ....$110.00 usd
          Bridesmaids long hair......................................$110.00 usd
          Bridesmaids medium hair...............................$90.00 usd
          Mom (bride) blow dry.....................................$55.00 usd

Total............................................. ....................$365.00 usd
          10% taxes............................................. ............$36.50 usd
          15% tip............................................... ..............$54.75 usd

Grand Total............................................. ........$456.25 usd
          Minus Deposit given on June 9, 2007.........<$100.00 usd>

Balance........................................... ...............$356.25 usd

Balance Due for Spa Party.........................$575.00 usd
          Balance Due for the Wedding Day............$356.25 usd

Grand Total of balance due for the 2 days........$931.25 usd
          Hey your wedding is right after mine!! So I booked with Suzanne a few weeks ago and I am skipping the trial run only because the others girls on forum looked so beautiful. Besides I am going to use that money on gift certificates for the BM's. I figure they can either get another service done or use it towards the updo cost. Aren't you getting excited!!!

#45 jpkw

jpkw
          • VIP Member
          • 1,650 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

I did NOT do a trial run and it was fine! I also wanted more time with my guests by the pool... :) But then again, I didn't do an up-do, I just had my hair flat-ironed and pulled back - very simple.

The woman I had didn't speak English, but an assistant (Paolina) came with her and she translated everything. I think this is always the case, so I wouldn't worry about the language barrier. I also did have a picture which I think helped a lot.

Jess - if you give yourself enough time on the day of your wedding, you probably don't need a trial run. Do you have a pic of what you want to do?

#46 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

Thanks Jen. I was thinking the same thing....all the girls who used her looked fantastic. My original thought is a simple curly 1/2 up, 1/2 down look....but, I'm a little afraid I will be too hot, so I might switch to an updo. But, I think I'll skip the trial. Thanks!! Oh, and I do have some sample pics, so I should be fine.
              My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#47 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
              • 108 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND
                Hey your wedding is right after mine!! So I booked with Suzanne a few weeks ago and I am skipping the trial run only because the others girls on forum looked so beautiful. Besides I am going to use that money on gift certificates for the BM's. I figure they can either get another service done or use it towards the updo cost. Aren't you getting excited!!!
                YES! I can't believe it's almost 4 months away. :)
                KM
                Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#48 JENESIS

JENESIS
                • 394 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

Did everyone have to pay the full bill 10 days before the date?

#49 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                  • 1,876 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

I did! She's just billing my card. ...i'm so poor now.
                    My new man....Donovan

#50 jpkw

jpkw
                    • VIP Member
                    • 1,650 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

I also had to pay in full (since i booked her less than 10 days out). it makes it easier when you are there (i had to carry cash for most of my other vendors).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users