#11 divadivine25

divadivine25
  • 427 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
    Here is a good thread with lots of suggestions:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t17345
    Thanks! Very helpful! Are there many chocolate brides on this forum? I was posting on the knot and brownandbridal until I found this site.

#12 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
    • 815 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

I, obviously, don't have any good hair ideas for you, but just wanted to say that I love your phrase, "chocolate" brides! That's so cute.

And I think we do have quite a few chocolate brides on here. This is an awesome forum!
      http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
      Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
      Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#13 KHarrod

KHarrod
      • 902 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

Im wearing the human hair microbraids with the Remi hair that way you can wear it straight or wet and wavy if it gets wet.

#14 PoeticJustice

PoeticJustice
        • 91 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:03 PM

My regular stylist in Brooklyn is sewing in some pieces. My hair is pretty long but for the style I want it needs to be longer and a little fuller. The stylist I hired in Jamaica will be styling my hair when I get down there. I am using wet and wavy that can be blow dried straight.

#15 hbsbride

hbsbride
          • 331 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

This has been one of my main worries. My hair is in a bob now but I have a year to grow it out a bit and I plan to put in some pieces so that I can put it up in a nice bun/chignon. My main concern is the weather/pool. I don't want to exclude myself from water activities to preserve my hair for the ceremony.

#16 Trice

Trice
            • 295 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

I haven't decided if I will have it up or down. If I wear it down I will do a sew-in. I did a sew-in with the spanish wave hair when I went to Cayman and it did great! I loved being able to just wash and go. It was hot though.

#17 blkladylaw

blkladylaw
              • 149 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

I am planning to do it myself and use clip on indian remy pieces for extra length and fullness (nothing new for me as I use these in my hair daily already). I was considering using someone but scared about hating it and I dont get there til the day before the wedding so no time to practice. I plan to play with some hairstyles this weekend when I finally have some time.
                Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
                Our first baby (a...

#18 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by divadivine25
                  Thanks! Very helpful! Are there many chocolate brides on this forum? I was posting on the knot and brownandbridal until I found this site.
                  Yeah there are quite a few of us!

#19 syl1115

syl1115
                  • 789 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

I am mixed and have very curly hair. I don't usually use oil because it is to heavy for my hair. I am going to try and get it straightened before I leave and my daughter is going to do an updo for me. I usually just wear it curly in the heat. It is much easier but I don't want to do that for the ceremony. I plan on using a lot of hairspray and pins.
                    Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#20 newprincessbride

newprincessbride
                    • 110 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

I was just talking to my neice about what I'm doing with not only my hair but my girls hair as well. I want them to be able to enjoy themselves in the pool, but yet keep it cost effective. So what I'm thinking is taking some hair and sewing it in the girls hair the night before the wedding and just getting my hair done at the resort. I'm looking for simple hair do's that my neice can do on her own. Any ideas would help greatly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users