Sign in to follow this  
divadivine25

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

All I need is another forum/blog to be obsessed with..hehe...thanks so much

Originally Posted by AfricanVenus View Post

I know ChocolateBrides.com does, as well as African American Brides Blog. Hope that helps!

Yay for the Iberostar!  I'm getting married at the Grand in May.  Anyway, I have locs and am thinking about some sort of updo for the wedding because I want to be cool on the beach.  They are fairly long now (between my shoulder and elbow) so I want a simple, yet elegant bun for the big day and may have it down that night. :-)

Originally Posted by akamikey11 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone else has locs or microbraids and if so what type of style are you going for?  Or do you know any sites that show nice undoes for locs or micros?

Yeah my hair is just past my shoulders but it grows so fast I don't know where it will be in September.  I definitely want it off of my neck.

Originally Posted by MissHoneyBee View Post

Yay for the Iberostar!  I'm getting married at the Grand in May.  Anyway, I have locs and am thinking about some sort of updo for the wedding because I want to be cool on the beach.  They are fairly long now (between my shoulder and elbow) so I want a simple, yet elegant bun for the big day and may have it down that night. :-)

I'm wondering if anyone with locs or braids is getting their hair styled on-site.  Our wedding package includes manicure, pedicure and hair styling.  It would make my life much easier if I could get this all done well at the hotel spa.

I have sisterlocs, so I am going to get them tightened before I go down.  I have hired Rashel Edwards for my makeup and her assistant for my hair.  I read a review where the assistant worked on the husband's locs. So I am just going to have her put them in a bun.  I will probably try and stay out of the water to cut down on the fuzz factor.

I'm wondering if anyone with locs or braids is getting their hair styled on-site.  Our wedding package includes manicure, pedicure and hair styling.  It would make my life much easier if I could get this all done well at the hotel spa.

Thanks!!
I got them from a jewelry store in Cherry Hill NJ called Temptations. I believe it's a franchise, so you may be able to find one in your area :)

Love the updo and your earrings.  If you don't mind, Kera Smiley, where did you get them?  They'd look amazing with my dress!