Grand Sunset Princess Resort

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#251 **TIFFANY**

**TIFFANY**
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

Hello All!
    I got an e-mail yesterday from my travel agent who had one of her coworkers just return from this resort. The review was really good and she said everything was really nice. The thing they seemed to be super excited about was that the resort has Corona in the bottle. I'm not a beer drinker but FI is super excited about this and I thought I would pass it along to the rest of you in case you were wondering:)

#252 alopez2984

alopez2984
    • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hey everyone (again)!!!

Also, I wanted to ask if anybody had any pics of their weddings at the Grand Sunset Princess? I am debating on this resort and the BlueBay Grand Esmeralda, and any pics of the wedding/reception setup would help a TON! If anybody wouldn't mind, my email is alopez_2984@yahoo.com. :)

Thank you sooooo much!!!

#253 Llama

Llama
      • 41 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by alopez2984
        Hey everyone (again)!!!

Also, I wanted to ask if anybody had any pics of their weddings at the Grand Sunset Princess? I am debating on this resort and the BlueBay Grand Esmeralda, and any pics of the wedding/reception setup would help a TON! If anybody wouldn't mind, my email is alopez_2984@yahoo.com. :)

Thank you sooooo much!!!
        Hi! I can't help you out with photos butone TA did tell me that the BB is built on a mangrove so the ocean tends to be murky. I've also heard mosquitos can be a problem here. I was oddly enough debating btwn the 2 and these 2 tidbits led me to chose the GSP.

Hope this helps!

Llama

#254 annieanddaryl

annieanddaryl
        • 104 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

Oh we too considered BB. Glad we picked GSP now.

#255 alopez2984

alopez2984
          • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

Llama - Thanks for the tidbits! I've going back and forth, (I'm sooo indecisive!!), and I just saw the 2010 prices for BlueBay - the prices doubled and they cut half of what the stuff they include. Also, I just looked at some pics of a wedding and a reception at the GSP, and it was absolutely stunning! I'm sold!!! :)

Thanks again!

#256 annieanddaryl

annieanddaryl
            • 104 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

I found this price/info sheet. Hope it helps.

Plus the stuff on requirements and photo packages. And the additional services. Lots of info here that you might want.............

Attached Files

#257 annieanddaryl

annieanddaryl
              • 104 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:24 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by courtney
                I'm doing the renewal of vows ceremony. There is no limit as to how long you have to be there before the ceremony. I'm still doing it 2 days after I arrive so that I have a couple of days to double check all of the details. About a month before the wedding Damarys will send you a form to confirm all the final details and send you an invoice. For the flowers they give a choice of about a dozen bouquets, you can make changes.
                I leave in 4 weeks so I will let you all know how it goes!!!
                Hello Courtney,

I am doing the renewal of vows as well. Can you tell me if it's like a real wedding? Also what do they do in terms of rehearsal - I read that there is no rehearsal, so how do you know what to do on "the day"?

#258 alopez2984

alopez2984
                • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

annieanddaryl - Thanks for the info!! I REALLY appreciate it!

I just heard back from the resort (Sandra Chavira) and I'll let ya'll know if find out anything interesting. Thanks again!!

#259 annieanddaryl

annieanddaryl
                  • 104 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by alopez2984
                    annieanddaryl - Thanks for the info!! I REALLY appreciate it!

I just heard back from the resort (Sandra Chavira) and I'll let ya'll know if find out anything interesting. Thanks again!!
                    Glad to help out fellow brides! Things are stressful enough!

#260 TarynLynn

TarynLynn
                    • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hello everyone I am going to be at this resort from April 18 - May 2, 2010 and I am bringing a photograher with me. I am wondering if anyone who will be there the same time wants to share her and the costs? If you are interested please email me at dmanders@shaw.ca and i can give you all her info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users