Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Ladies!

 

I have a question for the women who have already gotten married at the GSP/GRP.

 

How long, approximately, did it take you to walk down the aisle? I'm trying to plan what song I'll be walking down to, and from looking at pictures it looks like a pretty long walk. I didn't want to pick a song that was too short, and then be left walking down in silence. wink.gif

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse75 View Post
I sent you some pics :)

It is a lot of $$$$$ especially considering that you're at an all inclusive. But for me in the end the way I looked at it was that it was my wedding day and I'm not going to Mexico to have my reception in a la carte restaurant. In the end I'm sooo glad I'm going prvate as I have heard that the resort is going to be busy. I did consider the beach reception, but my finace wasn't so hot on the idea of having sand everywhere. Also I decided to cut back and have a renewal of vows ceremony and am only paying 1/2 price for kids and empty seats since I only have 35 people total coming.
Hi, I didn't get your pics sad.gif would you mind sending them to lizgoncalves@charter.net instead? maybe they got blocked. Thanks a bunch!
And congrats on your wedding, looks like it's today!!! CONGRATS!

That's the other situation I have is I'm only going to have about 20 people..and right now it's looking like it might be even less...so I don't think I have the private wedding reception option. I decided to do the same thing with the getting renowal of the vows since it's a lot less...and it's probably easier and I won't have to worry about get blood tests done..finding my birth certificate..etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuri View Post
Hi Ladies!

I have a question for the women who have already gotten married at the GSP/GRP.

How long, approximately, did it take you to walk down the aisle? I'm trying to plan what song I'll be walking down to, and from looking at pictures it looks like a pretty long walk. I didn't want to pick a song that was too short, and then be left walking down in silence. wink.gif

Thanks!
I had the same question.....it took approx 2-3 mins for myself, 3 girls and my flower girl. We did a trial run the day before, just so that I could tell them where to start the music. We used "Somewhere over the rainbow" and there was plenty of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just got back from GSP early Sunday morning and what an AMAZING time we had. It was my total dream wedding come true. We went for a total of 10 days - WED to WED for my guests and an extra 3 for us. My guests all pretty much paid for jr suites, but all got upgraded to jr deluxe for free. We paid for the same but had also paid for the change to a Laguna Villa the day of our wedding - which they gave to us a day early. I absolutly loved this upgrade, we both did. The room was beautiful, private pool with beds, bar, concierge etc. However not so sure we would have taken full advantage of it if our guests had still been there.

 

We also went with the Private Thai Beach for our reception.....another great choice. Although it is pricey and I was back and forth on it right up until the end. I am so glad we did it, what beautiful spot......totally worth it!

 

Please let me know if you have any questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone!

 

I'm looking into this resort for our wedding in April 2011. Just have one concern really... I've read a lot on Trip Advisor about theft from the safes in the rooms. smile27.gif

Just wondering if anyone experienced this, what was done about it, etc. Otherwise, this place seems to have everything we want!

 

Look forward to hearing from you... Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea_rai View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm looking into this resort for our wedding in April 2011. Just have one concern really... I've read a lot on Trip Advisor about theft from the safes in the rooms. smile27.gif
Just wondering if anyone experienced this, what was done about it, etc. Otherwise, this place seems to have everything we want!

Look forward to hearing from you... Thanks!
It's basically like every other resort. You have to be smart. Look at the safe; if it is scratched, or the labels peeled back, don't use it. Lock everything in your suitcases with your own locks, and you will be fine. I've heard of people accidentally leaving hundreds of dollars out, and nothing was taken.

I'm getting married there in December, and so far have heard nothing but great things about the resort! :) If you would like some information I've received from the resort with wedding packages, cakes, flowers, the spa, just PM me with your email address and I can send you what I have.

Happy planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse75 View Post
We just got back from GSP early Sunday morning and what an AMAZING time we had. It was my total dream wedding come true. We went for a total of 10 days - WED to WED for my guests and an extra 3 for us. My guests all pretty much paid for jr suites, but all got upgraded to jr deluxe for free. We paid for the same but had also paid for the change to a Laguna Villa the day of our wedding - which they gave to us a day early. I absolutly loved this upgrade, we both did. The room was beautiful, private pool with beds, bar, concierge etc. However not so sure we would have taken full advantage of it if our guests had still been there.

We also went with the Private Thai Beach for our reception.....another great choice. Although it is pricey and I was back and forth on it right up until the end. I am so glad we did it, what beautiful spot......totally worth it!

Please let me know if you have any questions

Hey congratulations!! Glad to hear you were happy with your wedding!! Would you mind sending me pics? Who did you use for the photography? Where did you do your first dance? Did you get a dance floor? Did you get DJ or did you bring your own music? Is there outdoor outlets at the thai beach club? Looking forward to seeing how it all looks!
My email is lizgoncalves@charter.net.

Thanks in advance! :)
Liz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all! I'm looking at getting married there June 25, 2011 and would love any pictures and brochures and stuff they may have sent to you emailed to me. christa.maguire@yahoo.com. We are going there May 11-16 for vacation and I'm planning on meeting with the WC while we are there! Can't wait to see pictures and read reviews!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsHolt View Post
Hello all! I'm looking at getting married there June 25, 2011 and would love any pictures and brochures and stuff they may have sent to you emailed to me. christa.maguire@yahoo.com. We are going there May 11-16 for vacation and I'm planning on meeting with the WC while we are there! Can't wait to see pictures and read reviews!
You've got mail :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizg View Post
Hey congratulations!! Glad to hear you were happy with your wedding!! Would you mind sending me pics? Who did you use for the photography? Where did you do your first dance? Did you get a dance floor? Did you get DJ or did you bring your own music? Is there outdoor outlets at the thai beach club? Looking forward to seeing how it all looks!
My email is lizgoncalves@charter.net.

Thanks in advance! :)
Liz
Hi Liz.....(did you get the other pics that I sent you?) I brought my own photographer from home, she's a friend of mine and we are still waiting on the pics, if you remind me in a few weeks I can send them through. But picture a outdoor restaurant, all dark wood with thatched roof tops......large luminary type lights (that were turquoiseish) on the ground, tikki torches everwhere, right on the beach - beautiful beds and lounge chairs.....very pretty.

As for the music, we had an ipod all loaded up and read to go and when we got to the Thai Beach Club there was a dj already there that we didn't pay for! I even told Patricia that I didn't want one when she put it on my original contract. So I can't even be sure of the layout of outlets but I know they must have them cause what would the dj have used? No real need for a dance floor......since you're at a restaurant that has floor.

Hope that helps...let me know if you have any other questions

Jill :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×