Got my "Knockoff" dress and I LOVE it

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 dancingdolphin

• 105 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hi Everyone,

I got my dress today and I absolutely love it. I orginally wanted the Winnie Couture "Breeleigh" style dress - link below. (sorry - don't know how to imbed pics yet and I'm too excited to figure it out right now).

Winnie Couture Destination Wedding Dresses - Wedding Dress Style Breeleigh | Brides.com

The price on the dress, even with the trunk show discount was over $1300. So, in my normal practical fashion thought I would try to find it cheaper on the internet. In my search, I found the following website which didn't have the particular WC dress I wanted, but had her other lines for DIRT CHEAP. I emailed them asking if they could make mine and they said sure. I sent the pics, and asked a TON of questions (she was very responsive too). In short, the site is for a place in China that is the manufacturer for a number of lines (she couldn't tell me which ones) and even if they aren't the manufacturer, she said the gown like mine is usually 95% - 98% similar to the original. If it's an all lace gown, those can vary more. So, I thought the savings were worth it and I sent my measurements (which were a little forgiving - lol) and ordered it. The dress was - get ready for this - $289 (including shipping). I later also added a veil for $20.

I compared the dress and I think the beading is a little bit different (not as silver) but since I saved myself $1000 and it has the scallop edging which I fell in love with, I absolutely love it. Since my measurements were a little forgiving, I think I need to have it taken in a little as well (I was just scared it would be too tight). In addition, instead of the 6 months they quoted me at the bridal salon, this place quoted 2 - 3 wks to make it. It took about 5 weeks to get to me (I was starting to worry too). Oh, they also copied the flower pattern from the dress in the veil (which I didn't expect). The veil doesn't come with a comb or barrett so I will need to add that - not a big deal.

Overall, it beat my expectations and I am ecstatic right now.

Here are the pics of the dress I got (sorry so crappy but I didn't have anyone to take them)

Here is the website that I ordered from.
    Wedding Dresses,Evening Dresses,Bridesmaid Dresses--ShopOfWedding.COM

#2 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

That's awesome! I saw those dressmakers online too but I was too scared to order. Glad it worked out for you!

Here's the embedded pic from your shutterfly so everybody can see the dress:

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

Its beautiful! I got a knock off also but froma different company and I love me. Saved me a ton.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#4 Trice

• 295 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

I love it.

#5 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

That's a darn good knockoff and a fabulous price!
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#6 CayoLargo

• 177 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

WOW...you sure did take a leap of faith and it really turned out for you...the dress looks great!
              Engaged: December 25, 2007
              Married: February 4, 2009
              Wedding Destination: Cuba
              Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo

#7 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

I am so happy for you!
                And thanks you for posting the site, if this can save us some money, then HELLS YEA!
                Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                Made it legal : June 30, 2009

#8 dancingdolphin

• 105 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

I forgot to also mention that the dress came with an elastic from each sideseam that clipped in the back to help keep it up. The original I tried on didn't have it and I think that was a great idea to add. I don't think I'll keep tuggoning on it to keep it up (common with a strapless dress).

#9 divadivine25

• 427 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:29 PM

Very pretty dress!

#10 IslamoradaBride

• 459 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

It looks lovely on you-- and what a bargain!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users