Photo

Registry dilema!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ashley9078

ashley9078
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

So i don't think this has been discussed before because I searched and searched for it. FI and I only have one request for gifts from our guests, we need a new bedroom set. We want to register somewhere that people can contribute to purchasing one specific item. Does anyone know how to do this? I have seen a lot of monetary registries where poeple can ask for money and even honeymoon registries. Are there any where guests can just pitch in to a certain item?

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

can't you register at your local furniture store, so people can just buy gift cards there.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
      • 227 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

Hi Ashley!

I see you are from NJ as well so I have a suggestion, raymour & flanigan allows you to create a wishlist as well as sells gift cards. I don't know if you have a specific set in mind but I bought mine there last year and love it! I'm buying the dining room next month. Check it out.

#4 mrspeterson2b

mrspeterson2b
        • 34 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:30 PM

FI and I are thinking about doing the same thing but with a leather couch instead of bedroom furniture.
          Many large chain furniture stores offer wish lists and/or registries.

Good luck!

#5 jmill130

jmill130
          • 601 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

You could come up with a cute little saying like:
            Help us share sweet dreams for a lifetime...
            and then list the store you want gift cards from or where you have a wish list.

I always say spread the word too... people will share the scoop with others!

Good luck to you!

#6 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

You could put it on your website. We called it "Wishlist" on our's, Bo and Andrea | January 7th, 2009 137 Days Until we Say "I Do"! and all we are "asking for" is a contribution to our honeymoon fund. I'm sure people would be happy to contribute for your new bedroom set. I like Danielle's idea about giftcards too :)

#7 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ashley9078
                So i don't think this has been discussed before because I searched and searched for it. FI and I only have one request for gifts from our guests, we need a new bedroom set. We want to register somewhere that people can contribute to purchasing one specific item. Does anyone know how to do this? I have seen a lot of monetary registries where poeple can ask for money and even honeymoon registries. Are there any where guests can just pitch in to a certain item?
                Depending on where you want the furniture from you should be able to add the furniture items to your registry. There was also a site mentioned on this forum awhile back where you can merge all your registeries into one including stores that don't have registries. I can't remember what it was called though. Some registeries also have a notes section so you can always add it there that you would prefer gift cards to XYZ store to put towards a new bedroom set.
                Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users