Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#2111 Tissey

Tissey
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

Thanks Buckeyegirl8. That really puts me at ease. Now I just need to find the shoes!

#2112 m&d2011

m&d2011
    • 379 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Hi girls!

I received my save the dates today!!!

Can you check the thread?

http://bestdestinati....es-pics-60332/

thanks!!!!

#2113 Tissey

Tissey
      • 172 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:38 PM

m&d2011, those look great!

#2114 mexico102

mexico102
        • 300 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by m&d2011
          Hi girls!

I received my save the dates today!!!

Can you check the thread?

http://bestdestinati....es-pics-60332/

thanks!!!!
          They are awesome!

#2115 Tissey

Tissey
          • 172 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:33 PM

What is everyone doing for center pieces? Are you bringing your own with you, renting them there, or just paying for DPA to do it all?
            I like these hurricane vases with shells and candles but I'm not sure if its worth bringing that much with me. What do you guys think?
            Click the image to open in full size.

#2116 mexico102

mexico102
            • 300 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:10 PM

Well I'm probably crazy but I doing latterns w/ shells and starfish, table runners and chair sash like things. Bringing it all.... with the help of 6 others traveling w/ me on the same day.

#2117 echo2_62

echo2_62
              • 1,049 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:13 AM

For our centrepieces we brought a little bit of stuff with us, and to my surprise Jacy supplied some of their own things for us to use as well! I didn't bring my own vases but we did bring that floral jelly (which you just add water to) and water-submersible lights, that are smaller than tea lights even, in purple which makes the jelly glow as well. I had just asked Jacy to use whatever vases she had and not only did she put out little glasses, she used large vases with sand and starfish on some of the tables too. I think it was partly just to fill void space because some of the tables were quite large and would have been a little bare otherwise.
                We also had little umbrellas (about the size that you use in drinks) with everyone's name on them in a sand-filled tea light holder as place cards. Finally, we had the typical sashes on our chairs that I had brought with us as well. I had enough that we could have used them as table runners as well, but I wasn't too concerned that we didn't use them either. Oh yah and I had bought purple string lights at halloween of all times and we had those around the windows which gave the room a cool but eerie glow considering the crazy super stormy weather we had.

The best part about the few decorations we did have was that they all packed/traveled really easily and small too! The lights were the largest size as you can imagine because of the boxes they were in (and we had six) but even those were only each 8"x4"x3" maybe?!

Anyways, I think in the end it all just depends on how much you're willing to carry down there and what Jacy is able to supply for you. If you're not picky about the vases you use, it might even work out that she can supply those and you bring your starfish so then you're not worrying about the glass breaking in travel.

#2118 mexico102

mexico102
                • 300 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

I was thinking of getting some paper lanters too! Just not sure if they could hang them. Not sure where reception is going to be so maybe I'll forget it. Unless anyone has any suggestions? Echo I like that light idea......wow heads up at halloween!!!

#2119 Tissey

Tissey
                  • 172 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

Jacy emailed me and said we can rent 5 vases for $60. Not sure that's a good deal since I found them for $3, but at least we would have to worry about packing them.

#2120 NatashaHollema

NatashaHollema
                    • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

Hi Everyone!

I guess I am your newest addition! My fiance and I are getting married at DPA June 9th 2011! I'm so excited to start putting together the little details!

Colours: Orange and Pink

Anyway, I`m so excited to have found this site and gain insight from everyone here!

Natasha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users