155 replies to this topic

#81 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carly
    OMG, you had two tampons in for two days! Oy.

I didn't notice I had done it until trying to take it out, it hurt bad. Thankfully, it hasn't happened recently.
    no i had one in for 2 days. i forgot i had it in, and put another one in. ichanged it a few times until i realized there was one in there still, the stringy was pushed in and all. omg dont get me started.

#82 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:59 PM

yay morgan, me, you are carly are all tampons idiots, now i dont feel so bad. im totally kidding!!!!!!

well good luck with the cup keep us posted!

#83 beachbride09

beachbride09
      • 150 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:25 PM

A friend of mine uses the Diva Cup and she loved it (she's pregnant now, so she doesn't use it).

Personally, I don't like any 'thing' left in the woowoo; I don't use tampons nor would I use the NuvaRing - just not comfortable with leaving 'stuff' in there for an extended amount of time.
        http://farm4.static.....3ca1220c_m.jpgJanuary 20, 2009
        Grand Cayman Island

#84 futureeilen

futureeilen
        • 63 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jacqueline
          those organic ones sound pretty good.

i have to admit, i am guilty of leaving my tampon in WAY longer than one should, but b/c im a full fledge scatter brain moron and i forget. ORRR worse, ill put a second one in WHILE the first one is still there. ek i know, its gross. theres a story there but i'll spare u the details.
          I knew a girl who once had a tampon in, forgot about it, then had sex...she had to go to the Emergency Room to get the tampon out. Eek!
          Anaiah

#85 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by futureeilen
            I knew a girl who once had a tampon in, forgot about it, then had sex...she had to go to the Emergency Room to get the tampon out. Eek!
            HOLLLE-LYYYY CRAP! omg how dangerous.

#86 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

My friend just told me a story the other day about how her MOM forgot one and the gyno had to remove it. A family friend used to be a nurse for one and she said it was pretty common. I'm always terrified it might happen to me. How embarrassing!
              Happily married since 2008

#87 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

I actually know a few people that have had to have them removed.

Maybe that is another reason tampons freak me out. I still use them for the convience/cleanliness factor, but it is still weird to me. I'm ok with not having periods ever again. If it weren't for me wanting a baby, I'd get fixed somehow!

#88 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                • VIP Member
                • 3,160 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

well im just glad im not the only person who has done this. i felt so irresponsible, lol.

i'd love to never my period- EVER but i do want a lil chicken some day.

#89 Birdie07

Birdie07
                  • 1,218 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

HAHA! You guys are hilarious! My DH doesn't find it gross. But he is a doctor and had to dissect human bodies.
                    As to the boiling. Yes just go buy the smallest cheapest pot in the store. You can also wash it with vinegar and water. I just rinse with the hottest water when I'm using it and it helps to put it in if its a little wet. Then at the end of my cycle I wash in boiling water and put back in the bag.

And the PP who talked about tampons making you dry. I HATE HATE that so much. And with the diva cup it doesn't it's great. Plus there is a measuring line on the DC that tells you how much you bleed. I always feel like I bleed so much with tampons. But I barely fill up the DC. I know it's full cause I can feel it? I don't know how to explain. It gets heavier I guess. I also recommend Luna Pads that Jess linked. They are adorable and so soft. You can use liners as a backup if you're scared of leaking.

And again you CANNOT use this during sex. It sits too low. Unless your man is 1/2 an inch. Then I'm very sorry!

Oh and Morgan who asked about being at work. I always carry water with me...just b/c I like to keep hydrated. But another board I read about women who carry water in their purse so they can rinse it instead of wipe it with a tissue. Just use the water and rinse over the toilet. I rarely need to empty mine while I'm out b/c you can keep it for 12 hours as long as your flow isn't really heavy.

#90 Jenn

Jenn
                    • 1,557 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:41 PM

I think I may order one as well... I spent a good half hour looking at it after the green thread, and now I think I may just go for it. I'm still worried that ordering based on my age - over 30 - may not be the right size, but c'est la vie. Calia (I think that's who posted it) are you sure they are exchangeable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users