Diva Cup / Instead Cup - tampon / pad alternative

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

My sister and I bought the Diva Cup like last year sometime. I tried it and it was too weird for me, but Jill has been using it ever since. So I decided to try it again this period. I didn't trust myself to commit to it while at work, so I am using it just while I am at home. Does anyone else use this? I found that when I used it yesterday, it was much easier to get in and out then previously and it didn't leak at all. It was just weird. I could feel it, especially when moving down to sit on the couch, or when I moved to get up. Other then that, I couldn't really tell. But the way I could feel it when moving up or down was very uncomfortable. Like I don't know if I could wear it all day at work and feel that everytime I sat or stood. And I don't think it was in wrong, cuz I wasn't leaking and it caught everything. Then in the middle of the night, I went to the bathroom and switched to a tampon, cuz I could feel it when I would move around. If you've used it, is this something the body will become accustomed too?

If you don't know what it is, check out the website - Diva Cup

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

I never heard of it. I just checked out their website but I admit I don't get it. LOL. How big is this cup that your inserting up there? It sounds weird to me except that its green since you can reuse it which sounds cool.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

Hmmmm, it's pretty small. Less then 2"? I am really bad at guessing sizes, but I can measure it when I get home tonight. It is weird, but what the hell, penises go in there, so this teeny cup shouldn't be too bad!

I am just wondering if I have to use it longer to get used to it, or if it will always be umcomfortable.

#4 Angel

Angel
        • 2,635 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

Yeah I read about this a while ago. I was going to try it out but it's not worth irtfor me because my period only last about 3 days and a liner is all I use.

#5 Angel

Angel
          • 2,635 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=carly;511172]Hmmmm, it's pretty small. Less then 2"? I am really bad at guessing sizes, but I can measure it when I get home tonight. It is weird, but what the hell, penises go in there, so this teeny cup shouldn't be too bad!

LOL!!! Sorry, I had to laugh but it's true. Can't be that bad.

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

I have never tried this brand, but there is another brand out there that I use once in awhile when I remember and I love it.

You can even have knookie while using it...

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:53 PM

NO WAY! I wouldn't've thought that! What is this other brand that you mean? Moon cup or something?

#8 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

No, it comes in a purple box and I think it starts with a D. Let me look it up.

#9 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

It is called "Instead". It is awesome. Here is teh website.

Menstrual Cups, Period Products, Feminine & Menstruation Products - Instead Softcup

#10 monicaswave

monicaswave
                    • 450 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

OMG I just read this forum and I am sooo confused. I am not sure what you are talking about. Never heard of such a thing....what is a diva cup?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users