Sign in to follow this  
Kriswim

TA Question! What to do??

So I found this travel agent that my mom's friend ALWAYS uses. He was great. He got me great rates. So I included his information in ALL my STD's. Then, after 2 months, my FMIL says that her friend at work is at TA and turns out she found cheaper rates! (only by about $150 ) but still....so now I don't know what to do. Do I tell my first TA that I found someone else? Or do i ask him to try and match the prices..but since the 2nd TA is my FMIL's friend I don't want to just ditch her since she was the one who found the cheaper rates. I didn't sign anything with my TA...but I don't want to be rude either!

HELP! What do I do?

That's tough, but $150 per person adds up pretty quickly! I would tell the first TA what prices your friend found and also compare what all each includes. Do they both include airport transfers, same types of rooms, etc?

I agree, ask the first TA to match the price. Its not like you went out to find something else, but you can't pass up saving $150 pp either.

Ask her to match the price.

One thing to remember when you're shopping around is that things change. Sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

I don't know if this was a group rate that you got or if they were just individual package rates, but lots of variables either way. Resorts are constantly having specials, changing specials etc. What's here one day might not be the next. You mention there was a 2 month gap in time. And lots can change in 2 months (again, depending upon how they quoted you originally). Which is why many of us TA's look like this most of the time....shots.gif

Just ask your TA to match what you found and if it's something that can be done, they probably will.

Remember tho that new specials might be for "new bookings only" so it might not apply to what you've got, but it's worth checking out.

What i meant by the 2 month "gap" is that my FMIL has known about my TA for 2/3 months now...he just gave us our rates a few weeks ago. I just wish she had mentioned that she knew someone then!!! She means well, but drives me and my FH crazy sometimes! Thanks!

This happened to me.....Had one TAs info on all my STD's with her quote which i thought was pretty good, but then found it $200 cheaper!!! I told the TA and asked if she would price match but she said she couldnt and didnt know how the other agent found that price....Same supplier and everything...soooo I sent all my guests the new TA's info through email and phone calls. They all booked with the new one...That is alot of money.

I felt bad for a second because the 1st one had been working with us for a few months, but what does she expect? If she would have matched it no problem....ahh well, thats the buisness I guess.....

I did talk to the TA and she did understand~