Lost his ring....already

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

Aww! That is why I made Ryan get a regular band for everyday wear then a nice one ONLY for going out. That way if he loses it it's only 150 bucks to get another one. Silly boys

#12 mpajkos

mpajkos
    • 359 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

A friend of my FI lost his ring I think it was less than a month after they got married. The guys had gone a boating trip and this guy jumped off the boat and his ring went to the bottom. Apparently they searched for it for awhile but nothing. Needless to say his wife wasn't too happy. He got an inexpensive replacement!

#13 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
      • 419 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

Thankfully his is not an expensive ring. It is a tungsten ring but we paid very little compared to a lot of them I found. I guess that is why I am not stressing about it all that much. I do like the idea of us finding it though. I am not one that feels he HAS to wear one. I guess I leave that up to him but I do like the physical evidence that we are married. I am not a jealous person but he is laid off (permanently displaced) right now and when he does get a new job I would like a ring on his finger as a back off sign..lol Ok maybe I have some closet jealousy..lol I am hoping it just turns up but if not I guess we will be ring shopping soon. I am thinking we would just get the same ring since we both liked it so much

#14 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

Oh no! Boys are so dumb sometimes!

I have a friend who lost his ring on his honeymoon - in the ocean, of course. He went out and bought a bunch of cheap silver ones. Now he's got a handful of replacements for the next time!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#15 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

we bought doug 4 different titanium styles from SilverDepot.com - Wholesale Sterling Silver Jewelry|Titanium jewelry|Stainless Steel jewelry, planning ahead :) i just know a loss is in the works, so this way he has a backup at the ready, AND each one was less than $6. can you beat that? NO!

#16 Reba2009

Reba2009
        • 192 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

I knew someone that lost his wedding band 4 times in the first year! Finally the wife said enough and he has not had one since! lol They are still happily married 20 years later!

#17 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

i'm sorry steph! dh lost his at the wedding, in the bottom of the pool. his brother had to jump in and search for it b/c even tho we were in the pool at the time, dh doesn't know how to swim.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hollisandsteph
            Thankfully his is not an expensive ring. It is a tungsten ring but we paid very little compared to a lot of them I found. I guess that is why I am not stressing about it all that much. I do like the idea of us finding it though. I am not one that feels he HAS to wear one. I guess I leave that up to him but I do like the physical evidence that we are married. I am not a jealous person but he is laid off (permanently displaced) right now and when he does get a new job I would like a ring on his finger as a back off sign..lol Ok maybe I have some closet jealousy..lol I am hoping it just turns up but if not I guess we will be ring shopping soon. I am thinking we would just get the same ring since we both liked it so much
            that was my thinking when dh got his new job. he wore his ring to the interview, but not a day since. he HATES wearing it.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Abbie
            we bought doug 4 different titanium styles from SilverDepot.com - Wholesale Sterling Silver Jewelry|Titanium jewelry|Stainless Steel jewelry, planning ahead :) i just know a loss is in the works, so this way he has a backup at the ready, AND each one was less than $6. can you beat that? NO!
            abbie, i bought one from there for dh, hoping he'd wear it since it was the right size and a lot lighter than the original...but no. glad i didn't waste tons of money on it!

#18 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
            • 419 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:38 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Abbie
              OMG I just looked this site up and I am lovin it. How are they holding up? I guess it really wouldn't matter since you could just replace it with another. How do they look? Hollis wants to get the same ring he had. We only paid $50 for it so it isn't a big deal but $50 is $50.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users