Photo

Shower invites from hell

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#71 jmb0902

jmb0902
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:41 AM

Aw I know they're probably not what you had in mind... but it looked like she worked really hard on them and spent some substancial time on them

#72 lgarner83

lgarner83
    • 530 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

I agree, they are not that bad and it looks like she spent a lot of time on them. They are just shower invites and are not a reflection of you in any way. In fact, they will be thrown out the day after the shower and forgotten! Is it really worth hurting her feelings for a more upscale shower invite?

#73 lgnr22

lgnr22
      • 37 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:14 PM

I would be so pissed!

#74 julzcabo

julzcabo
        • 37 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

Except for your mom and yourself, I don't think anyone would save this invite or remember it after the fact.

Just say you where so stressed with wedding stuff and work that you forgot to mail them on time or say you left your fiance in charge and he forgot to mail them on time. Then send a last minute evite to people or call by phone to let them know about the party details. To make sure you don't hurt your family friends feelings, put the invites in a basket for your guests to take home at the party and make a short announcement that she worked hard to make these and you want to give her recognition (you could put them at a place that's hard to notice and make the announcement before most of your guest arrive).

#75 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

honestly, it's a shower. where i come from, you shouldn't even know when your shower IS, let alone see an invite or have any part in planning or decision-making. it's a party thrown by people who love you, with favors, invites, food, etc made to the best of their capabilities. i will probably sound like a b*tch here, but i think it would be incredibly ungrateful of you to not allow them to be sent out. they are not THAT bad. sure, they aren't cleanly and professionally executed, and sure hot-glued shells and pearls aren't everyone's style (certainly not mine) but they were made for you out of love for you and your family. you can tell they took time, planning, and a lot of work, and she probably burnt herself a million times with the hot glue gun!

no one is going to think you made them. like others have said, thank her publicly at the shower with an announcement to be sure. you don't have to say, "thanks for the beautiful invites" (no need to lie). say something like, "thank you so much for the time you spent on the invites ... they are so creative!"

#76 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

So, did you send them out? I am curious.

#77 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
              • 734 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

the idea was cute, but i see what you are saying...Did you end up sending them out?
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users