1814 replies to this topic

#681 dbellie1414

dbellie1414
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=Gail;721643]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dbellie1414
    Yep, anyone is able to rent out the Brazilian restaurant or any a la carte restuarant and yes it will be just for your group/yourself, well now they are anyways... Back when we started in Jan 08 this was unheard of and after 4months of negotiating we got them to wave the white flag. We are paying $1200 but now the cost is (I think) $800 plus $50 per person and it includes dinner and open bar and setup of tables, they changed there prices. We will have the brazilian restuarant from 630-1030pm with a outside dj that we hired, so yes you can have a dj. Anything is always possible you just have to be willing to negotiate!

HI

Can I ask why you decided to rent out a la carte instead of using tropical? I know how detailed you are-- so there must be a reason-- remember you have explained how picky you are- unforn so am I.

hahaha... this one was actually my picky ass FIANCE hahaha... the real reason we did this is because we are getting hitched in May and the bugs and heat/humidity will be real bad according to my aunt and Gabriela soooo we wanted air conditioning (or my fiance did that was his 'must have').
    Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
    http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...

#682 BBtoB

BBtoB
    • 399 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009
      BBtoB - I think you have enough points. What I do is upload my pics to my photobucket account and then I use the IMG code for the pic to post in the forums. I hope this helps!

noelynn - Thanks so much! We booked 3 hours with Sascha.
      Awesome, Kathy! I will try that, thanks! Bess

#683 BBtoB

BBtoB
      • 399 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

So Ryan's Girl and Lindo Bride...your Big days are approaching quickly! How are you both doing?

#684 noelynn

noelynn
        • 57 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
          BBtoB - I think you have enough points. What I do is upload my pics to my photobucket account and then I use the IMG code for the pic to post in the forums. I hope this helps!

noelynn - Thanks so much! We booked 3 hours with Sascha.
          I read your review and noticed you picked the steak house. I picked the steak house as well. How many people did you have at dinner and did they charge any extra fees?

#685 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
          • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:33 AM

noelynn - We had 16 adults at the dinner and two children. As far as I know, I was not charged any additional fees. Are you looking in to renting out the entire place? I'm not sure if that's an option but if it is, it will probably cost you a bit more.

#686 sunandrun

sunandrun
            • 74 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

Did you get to eat off of the menu or did you have to have placecards with the guests food choices? I think I will have about the same number of guests as you. It seems like the perfect number!

#687 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
              • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

sunandrun - We were all able to order directly off of the menu, which was nice so that everyone can have exactly what they want. You are allowed to do this as long as you have 25 guests or less. :)

#688 LindoBride2009

LindoBride2009
                • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
                  Whew! I'm back girls! I had a blast and you all will love the Iberostar, I will post more as soon as I get a few more zzzzs! Love you guys!!
                  Hey! I just wanted to say congratulations and I'm glad everything went so well. You're pictures are great!! I know I'm a bit late, but I haven't been on here in awhile - just kinda needed a break from everything wedding..!! LOL

Congrats again!!
                  Carla & Terry ~ April 9, 2009
                  http://tickers.Ticke....c779/event.png

#689 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                  • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

Thanks Lindobride2009!!! And welcome back hehe

#690 britsytoll

britsytoll
                    • 129 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FutureMrsAbs
                      Hi ladies! I don't post on here too often, but I follow this thread as much as I can (my inbox is full of updates!). I'm getting married at the Tucan in just 23 days!! I was wondering if any other girls on this board might know of a good building to request for our guests to be in? TIA girls :-)

Also, paraisobeachbride2009, we've booked Sascha Gluck as our photographer too! I can't wait to hear your review of him!! Your time is sooo soon, you must be so excited!!!
                      I am also getting married at the Tucan and would love to hear more about brides experience there. This thread is great and full of information although I would love to hear other's experience working the WC at the Tucan and what people have planned for dinner, reception, cocktail hour, etc.
                      http://tickers.Ticke....1f53/event.png

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users