Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
1814 replies to this topic

#991 dbellie1414

dbellie1414
  • Jr. Member
  • 204 posts

    Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:40 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BBtoB
    Hey Danielle,

    How is everything going on your end. What airlines are you on? Just wanted to check in on you with all this media hype and hoopla! Hope you are doing well! Your wedding is only a few days away!
    Woo Hoo!
    Thanks that is nice of you... I am hanging in there not much we can do until they close the borders/airports (or so we have decided) we are going until we can't go no more and when I get down there I am gonna roll around with 80 pigs!!! My bridesmaids are my 2 lil' sisters and more than likely they won't be there- soooo I am gonna have my bridesmaids be swine flu infested pigs and my groomsmen be the drug cartel crew LOL! As you can see I am laughing about this whole thing, mise well it's all we can do! We have had a couple cancel and surely we will have a sh*t load more (everyone is talking about it) but not much we can do - we are cool if it ends up being only me and him. All our guests and us are booked through apple vacation and we are all flying usa 3000 (well, all of us except 3 of my guests I think they went with united or american)! I just got a lovely wake up call today at 5:30am that they were cancelling all flights to mexico from one of my freak'n out guests, so that was quite NICE (sarcasm)! After I reaserched it (on cdc, us government site, and us/mexican embassy, and news channels) and called them back (hence this was all being done before 5:30am) I found out that Mexico is closing all business until may 6, other than that I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE PEOPLE ARE GETTING THERE RETARDED INFORMATION FROM OR WHAT WOULD POSSESS ANYONE TO CALL SOMEONE AT 5am!!! Crazy people... Ahhh, yes this could only happen to me... So I am gonna take it with a lime instead of a grain of salt (oooh and a shot of tequila) HAHA.

    For all those other brides that may be right around the corner to getting married... My Ta just recieved confirmation from Reyna (herself) saying that the resort is fine no worries of swine flu, and no cases reported in cancun/riviera maya area or ANY IN THE STATE OF QUINTANA ROO FOR THAT MATTER. And that the construction going on near the grand (somewhere in the forest) is so far off you cannot see or hear it from the Grand so no worries if you are staying at the grand and may of heard something like I did.

    All in all, if we do get on a plane,fly to mexi, and get stuck there cuz they closed the borders (my friends and us) we'll be opening "Double D's" (Margariti Hut) so spread the good word to all of ya friends to stop on by and see us we'll need all the business we can get!
    Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
    http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

    Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...

    #992 ~*Kathy*~

    ~*Kathy*~
    • Sr. Member
    • 5,649 posts

      Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:00 AM

      Danielle - I love that! "Grain of salt and shot of tequila", you are much TOO cute for your own good hehe. :)

      #993 mxbride789

      mxbride789
      • Newbie
      • 25 posts

        Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dbellie1414
        ... So I am gonna take it with a lime instead of a grain of salt (oooh and a shot of tequila) HAHA.

        For all those other brides that may be right around the corner to getting married... My Ta just recieved confirmation from Reyna (herself) saying that the resort is fine no worries of swine flu, and no cases reported in cancun/riviera maya area or ANY IN THE STATE OF QUINTANA ROO FOR THAT MATTER. And that the construction going on near the grand (somewhere in the forest) is so far off you cannot see or hear it from the Grand so no worries if you are staying at the grand and may of heard something like I did.

        All in all, if we do get on a plane,fly to mexi, and get stuck there cuz they closed the borders (my friends and us) we'll be opening "Double D's" (Margariti Hut) so spread the good word to all of ya friends to stop on by and see us we'll need all the business we can get!
        thanks so much for sharing that bit of info about what Reyna reported. Very comforting. My wedding is not until July but the media reports, concerned family and guests suggesting a change of destination had just started to get to me...I shall be taking it with a lime, salt and tequila myself :) LOL thank you so much!

        #994 LDeeken

        LDeeken
        • Jr. Member
        • 200 posts

          Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:25 AM

          Thanks so much for your help! I actually found a review somewhere last night where they had 65 people around the gazebo! It's seems crazy that many people would fit, but I hope its true. And I hope no one falls in the water during the ceremony =)

          I thought that was the case that we would have to stay on the del mar side. My family stayed in the Maya the last time, but walking through the del mar it looked just as nice so no big deal. I just want to be able to do the garden ceremony, it looks so pretty!

          To all of you getting married soon good luck! I feel so bad that the media is making this swine flu thing such a big deal and you are having guests cancel. Its very unfortunate, but I'm sure that you will all have a blast and whoever doesn't come will regret it.

          Thanks again!

          #995 ~*Kathy*~

          ~*Kathy*~
          • Sr. Member
          • 5,649 posts

            Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:33 AM

            Leah - Wow 65 people? I don't know if there's THAT much room around the gazebo hehe but I would definitely ask the wedding coordinator to make sure. If you want to see more pictures of a garden gazebo ceremony, please feel free to browse my pics (links in my siggy). I thought it made for an amazing backdrop! :)

            #996 LDeeken

            LDeeken
            • Jr. Member
            • 200 posts

              Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

              Your pictures are so pretty! Thanks for posting those! I feel like its so hard to find pictures of that gazebo! It looks like you could fit about 20 people inside the gazebo so I guess maybe 40 more could fit around it. I don't know, I hope we can make it work!

              I did email the wedding coordinator but I haven't heard back from her yet. How long did it normally take for you to hear back from her?

              #997 ~*Kathy*~

              ~*Kathy*~
              • Sr. Member
              • 5,649 posts

                Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

                Thanks and no problem! It usually took the WC I had about 24 - 48 hours to get back to me but I had a different wc than the one who is there now. I've also heard that they prioritize responses by how close to your wedding date you are. I see yours is in June 2010, so they may take a little bit longer to get back to you right now as they have upcoming brides that they need to deal with first. I hope that makes sense. :)

                #998 BBtoB

                BBtoB
                • Jr. Member
                • 399 posts

                  Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dbellie1414
                  Thanks that is nice of you... I am hanging in there not much we can do until they close the borders/airports (or so we have decided) we are going until we can't go no more and when I get down there I am gonna roll around with 80 pigs!!! My bridesmaids are my 2 lil' sisters and more than likely they won't be there- soooo I am gonna have my bridesmaids be swine flu infested pigs and my groomsmen be the drug cartel crew LOL! As you can see I am laughing about this whole thing, mise well it's all we can do! We have had a couple cancel and surely we will have a sh*t load more (everyone is talking about it) but not much we can do - we are cool if it ends up being only me and him. All our guests and us are booked through apple vacation and we are all flying usa 3000 (well, all of us except 3 of my guests I think they went with united or american)! I just got a lovely wake up call today at 5:30am that they were cancelling all flights to mexico from one of my freak'n out guests, so that was quite NICE (sarcasm)! After I reaserched it (on cdc, us government site, and us/mexican embassy, and news channels) and called them back (hence this was all being done before 5:30am) I found out that Mexico is closing all business until may 6, other than that I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE PEOPLE ARE GETTING THERE RETARDED INFORMATION FROM OR WHAT WOULD POSSESS ANYONE TO CALL SOMEONE AT 5am!!! Crazy people... Ahhh, yes this could only happen to me... So I am gonna take it with a lime instead of a grain of salt (oooh and a shot of tequila) HAHA.

                  For all those other brides that may be right around the corner to getting married... My Ta just recieved confirmation from Reyna (herself) saying that the resort is fine no worries of swine flu, and no cases reported in cancun/riviera maya area or ANY IN THE STATE OF QUINTANA ROO FOR THAT MATTER. And that the construction going on near the grand (somewhere in the forest) is so far off you cannot see or hear it from the Grand so no worries if you are staying at the grand and may of heard something like I did.

                  All in all, if we do get on a plane,fly to mexi, and get stuck there cuz they closed the borders (my friends and us) we'll be opening "Double D's" (Margariti Hut) so spread the good word to all of ya friends to stop on by and see us we'll need all the business we can get!
                  Hon, my heart goes out to you!!! You have the best sense of humor! I think that is totally necessary at this time. I think all you can do is what anticipate the worst and hope for the best. This whole mess is just insane! Watch come July (just in time for my wedding) and I am sure there will be a hurricane. ha! Drug cartel, swine flu, hurricane, OH MY! We are not in Kansas anymore!


                  We will definitely hit up Double D's if you guys become Mexicana Entrepreneurs! lol Hang in there honey! At least your attitude is freaking amazing! Your wedding will too!
                  hugs!!! Muah!!!

                  #999 briscoecrown

                  briscoecrown
                  • Newbie
                  • 132 posts

                    Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by dbellie1414
                    Thanks that is nice of you... I am hanging in there not much we can do until they close the borders/airports (or so we have decided) we are going until we can't go no more and when I get down there I am gonna roll around with 80 pigs!!! My bridesmaids are my 2 lil' sisters and more than likely they won't be there- soooo I am gonna have my bridesmaids be swine flu infested pigs and my groomsmen be the drug cartel crew LOL! As you can see I am laughing about this whole thing, mise well it's all we can do! We have had a couple cancel and surely we will have a sh*t load more (everyone is talking about it) but not much we can do - we are cool if it ends up being only me and him. All our guests and us are booked through apple vacation and we are all flying usa 3000 (well, all of us except 3 of my guests I think they went with united or american)! I just got a lovely wake up call today at 5:30am that they were cancelling all flights to mexico from one of my freak'n out guests, so that was quite NICE (sarcasm)! After I reaserched it (on cdc, us government site, and us/mexican embassy, and news channels) and called them back (hence this was all being done before 5:30am) I found out that Mexico is closing all business until may 6, other than that I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE PEOPLE ARE GETTING THERE RETARDED INFORMATION FROM OR WHAT WOULD POSSESS ANYONE TO CALL SOMEONE AT 5am!!! Crazy people... Ahhh, yes this could only happen to me... So I am gonna take it with a lime instead of a grain of salt (oooh and a shot of tequila) HAHA.

                    For all those other brides that may be right around the corner to getting married... My Ta just recieved confirmation from Reyna (herself) saying that the resort is fine no worries of swine flu, and no cases reported in cancun/riviera maya area or ANY IN THE STATE OF QUINTANA ROO FOR THAT MATTER. And that the construction going on near the grand (somewhere in the forest) is so far off you cannot see or hear it from the Grand so no worries if you are staying at the grand and may of heard something like I did.

                    All in all, if we do get on a plane,fly to mexi, and get stuck there cuz they closed the borders (my friends and us) we'll be opening "Double D's" (Margariti Hut) so spread the good word to all of ya friends to stop on by and see us we'll need all the business we can get!
                    YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!! I'm with you 100%!!! My wedding is right around the corner and we'll be in Mexico... REGARDLESS. Only thing that will stop us is if they close the border. Other than that, I'll have my Purell & a rhinestone facemask with "I do" spelled out!!! .... still gotta be cute for the pics!

                    Thanks for sharing the info from your WC/TA.

                    #1000 dbellie1414

                    dbellie1414
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 204 posts

                      Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by briscoecrown
                      YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!! I'm with you 100%!!! My wedding is right around the corner and we'll be in Mexico... REGARDLESS. Only thing that will stop us is if they close the border. Other than that, I'll have my Purell & a rhinestone facemask with "I do" spelled out!!! .... still gotta be cute for the pics!

                      Thanks for sharing the info from your WC/TA.
                      Seriously, I just can't catch a break!!!

                      so if swine flu wasn't enough (we still pushed forward), drug cartel (we still pushed forward), guests wanting to cancel (we still pushed forward), earthquakes (we still pushed forward) NOW MY MOTHER F-ING USA 3000 AIRLINE JUST CANCELED ALL FLIGHT JUST LEAVING ON MONDAYS! They had to do just monday;s they couldn't do a TUESDAY COULD THEY?!?!?! ahhh no biggy right hahahaha all my fucking guests leave or go on a monday, I can't catch a break, on the real... I now need to find 30 something seats on a airline carrier and we leave in what 11 days HAHAHAHA, i think it's time to throw that towl in and go into a alchol induced como. I want the drug cartel to come kidnap me, so I can get into mexico - seriously you can sell me and all my guests (which are gonna cancel anyways) on the black market just let us GET TO MEXICO on the dates we wanted! funny cuz i ain't even that upset, I think i am still in shock yep ummm definetly in shock watch it hit me in an hour or two and don't worry about seeing the swine flu all over the news you will see "deranged chicagian women blows up mexico" LOL
                      Luggage Tags, Travel Brochures and Passport Size Itinerary Forum:
                      http://bestdestinati....-11#post725854

                      Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41304NON-PRO WEDDING PICS:http://www2.snapfish....NAME=snapfish/http://photo2.walgre...humbnai...AM...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users