Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So after calling mexico today and speaking with a manager, I thought the following information would be helpful to those Iberostar Del Mar Brides:

 

Manager of wedding coordinator's is Isle Kobus and her email is:

ilse.kobus@iberostar.com.mx

 

I will probably be the 1st bride to get locked up in a mexican jail so look for me on channel 7 on may 16 -soooo not lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandrun View Post
BB to B-when are you getting to your resort? We are leaving on June 28. It is creeping up on us!
We are going July 2-7. I know...I can't believe only 2 and a half months to go!!!

So how is your planning coming?

~Bess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have really been pushing it on the back burner...thinking it is all going to be very easy...just do it all the day I get there. Now. I am starting to worry a little. We are not doing the legal ceremony. We are going to do that when we get home.

 

I really have my heart set on the new arch for the beach wedding. From what I read it may be a little tricky! The arch that they have now at the Del Mar for the beach set up is awful!!!! All I really care about is the ceremony. I am not stressing too much about the other plans.

 

This is what I am thinking:

4:30 wedding

6:30 dinner at the steakhouse

8-10 happy hour at the aquabar...hopefully with a sound system from the resort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandrun View Post
I have really been pushing it on the back burner...thinking it is all going to be very easy...just do it all the day I get there. Now. I am starting to worry a little. We are not doing the legal ceremony. We are going to do that when we get home.

I really have my heart set on the new arch for the beach wedding. From what I read it may be a little tricky! The arch that they have now at the Del Mar for the beach set up is awful!!!! All I really care about is the ceremony. I am not stressing too much about the other plans.

This is what I am thinking:
4:30 wedding
6:30 dinner at the steakhouse
8-10 happy hour at the aquabar...hopefully with a sound system from the resort.
That is was I was thinking too. We are doing the blessing...not legal. It is so much cheaper to get married in Colorado. Like $10. And I know a rev. that will make it leagal for us and she will charge $50, so for $60 it will be legal.

4:00pm Ceremony
6:30pm Dinner Steakhouse

I had thought about doing the Los Vitrales Room, but not sure about that anymore. May just do drinks at the Bar and then go to the Disco.

Still deciding about those details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just had a thought...we have people coming in at different times everyday...we get in on the 2nd, along with most our fam, the 3rd most our friends come in...and one uncle on the 4th. The wedding is on the 5th. So how do I get everyone together? Should I send out a letter before we leave and plan get togethers? Any suggestions on how you handled this so we dont just wait around all day? tHANKS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
So I just had a thought...we have people coming in at different times everyday...we get in on the 2nd, along with most our fam, the 3rd most our friends come in...and one uncle on the 4th. The wedding is on the 5th. So how do I get everyone together? Should I send out a letter before we leave and plan get togethers? Any suggestions on how you handled this so we dont just wait around all day? tHANKS!
We printed up information of a meeting place and time for our guests and we had Toni deliver them for us (they just slid the paper under each guests door). You could have them all delievered on the 3rd with the exception of your uncle.
Another option is to leave a note for everyone at the check in desk and the resort can give it to them as each person checks in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
That is was I was thinking too. We are doing the blessing...not legal. It is so much cheaper to get married in Colorado. Like $10. And I know a rev. that will make it leagal for us and she will charge $50, so for $60 it will be legal.

4:00pm Ceremony
6:30pm Dinner Steakhouse

I had thought about doing the Los Vitrales Room, but not sure about that anymore. May just do drinks at the Bar and then go to the Disco.

Still deciding about those details.
Hello!

Can I ask why you're thinking of not doing Los Vitrales? I'm still working on getting my review done, but I'll just tell you that it was so great to have that room. The bars are good, but with the Vitrales room, it was like having an actual reception, all of my guests loved it. We did the $6/pp so the bar was right there in the room with us & honestly, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Just thought I'd let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
So I just had a thought...we have people coming in at different times everyday...we get in on the 2nd, along with most our fam, the 3rd most our friends come in...and one uncle on the 4th. The wedding is on the 5th. So how do I get everyone together? Should I send out a letter before we leave and plan get togethers? Any suggestions on how you handled this so we dont just wait around all day? tHANKS!
We have this same situation going on... Most people are arriving may 13 some are arriving on May 14 and some on May 15 and the wedding is may 16... so what we did was we just sent everyone a pre-travel brochure which i made up with some luggage tags explaining the itinerary and travel information. We are having a welcome cocktail with most on may 13 which I set a time/location in the pre-travel brochure and outlined the times/locations for the other stuff. We also made up oot bags and are including another booklet with itinerary of the events/times/locations that the resort will hand out for us to those that we don't see at the welcome cocktail. Check out the link for the brochures I made under my pic of the puppies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
We have this same situation going on... Most people are arriving may 13 some are arriving on May 14 and some on May 15 and the wedding is may 16... so what we did was we just sent everyone a pre-travel brochure which i made up with some luggage tags explaining the itinerary and travel information. We are having a welcome cocktail with most on may 13 which I set a time/location in the pre-travel brochure and outlined the times/locations for the other stuff. We also made up oot bags and are including another booklet with itinerary of the events/times/locations that the resort will hand out for us to those that we don't see at the welcome cocktail. Check out the link for the brochures I made under my pic of the puppies.
Hello,

Do you mind sending me the templates for the brochures that you made? My email address is jlj1176@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Jenn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×