Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Hey! Congrats on your good finds! :) From what I understand, the Iberostar doesn't do much for reception area decorating other than a floral centrepiece at the head of the table. I've read many times (and I believe their pdf document says this too) that if you bring decorations, they will gladly set them up for you.

I hope this helps!!
Thanks so much! I just hope I can get it all there. It is a lot of stuff. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
So I went out tonight and bought a bunch of stuff for the tables for the wedding dinner. I got tall candles in my colors, chocolate brown and teal, and tealights, also shells and glass pebbles. I also found these great glass candle holders. It looks really nice. I am wondering if I should keep it all. Does anyone know if the resort does any type of decorating, or should I just bring it all with me? I went to Gordman's and found such great things! My fiance even liked it! I was surprised he didn't say, "what is all this?" :) Just thought I would share.
Congrats on the good finds! The Iberostar doesn't do anything regarding decor so it's kinda up to ya... But they will help set up! You got to be careful on passing this stuff through customs though, I think you need receipts for all the stuff you are bringing (something like you can't have more than $300 on items). A couple people I was reading on here got stopped at customs and they asked for their reciepts! And I know from asking the WC at the Del Mar you have to check with customs on items that allowed to be shipped if you were thinking about shipping items... She said customs holds onto alot of brides/grooms shipments because they didn't check what the regulations are and than have to end up paying some huge tax just to get there boxes delievered from customs to the resort. According to the wc, Gabriela, you cannot ship seashells without them getting held up at customs and paying a tax, just an FYI for ya! And I am not sure about putting shells in your suitcase you might get stopped by customs because it is like a living organism thing so I recommend you check with mexico customs or ask other brides what they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much! So do you know if we can ship items down to the WC? Good call on the shells. I guess I will need to check into that. They are really cute, so I hope I can get them in. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
So I went out tonight and bought a bunch of stuff for the tables for the wedding dinner. I got tall candles in my colors, chocolate brown and teal, and tealights, also shells and glass pebbles. I also found these great glass candle holders. It looks really nice. I am wondering if I should keep it all. Does anyone know if the resort does any type of decorating, or should I just bring it all with me? I went to Gordman's and found such great things! My fiance even liked it! I was surprised he didn't say, "what is all this?" :) Just thought I would share.
I'm still working on my review which will probably answer a lot of your questions, but work is sucking up all my BDW time. YOu have to bring whatever decorations, vases, etc. you want for dinner or the private rooms that you want. The resort will provide the flowers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
Congrats on the good finds! The Iberostar doesn't do anything regarding decor so it's kinda up to ya... But they will help set up! You got to be careful on passing this stuff through customs though, I think you need receipts for all the stuff you are bringing (something like you can't have more than $300 on items). A couple people I was reading on here got stopped at customs and they asked for their reciepts! And I know from asking the WC at the Del Mar you have to check with customs on items that allowed to be shipped if you were thinking about shipping items... She said customs holds onto alot of brides/grooms shipments because they didn't check what the regulations are and than have to end up paying some huge tax just to get there boxes delievered from customs to the resort. According to the wc, Gabriela, you cannot ship seashells without them getting held up at customs and paying a tax, just an FYI for ya! And I am not sure about putting shells in your suitcase you might get stopped by customs because it is like a living organism thing so I recommend you check with mexico customs or ask other brides what they did.
I wouldn't recommend shipping items to Mexico because as you mentioned it could get held up in customs or never make it to the resort. We carried on small seashells to use for our sand ceremony in our carry on suitcase with no issue, however, we had to check our sand ceremony vase on the way back. It really all depends on who you get at the counter and how strict they are. I brought down receipts for most of our items, but didnt' have receipts for everything. We did not get stopped in customs and no one asked for our receipts. Again, I guess it just depends on if you get the red light and who you get if you get stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is taking forever to upload my pics and resize them, but here are two of the wedding set up to tide you over. When we got to the Lindo we walked around to check out the resort and where the gazebos were. We thought our only option was the pyramid and then we found another gazebo in one of the courtyards, but it seemed to be too small for our wedding size. The pyramid was awful! There is green paint on the ceiling was chipping off in big chunks on all four sides and was very noticeable. When we walked down to the beach we saw the set up there. The lounge chairs are very close to the wedding location, much closer in person than what I had seen in pictures and the beach is very busy so there was usually people in the water. We had gone down there to take pictures of the bridal party before our ceremony and it was very difficult to take pictures without people in the background. Anyhow, they did get new decorations for the beach ceremony and got rid of those ugly pillars. They now have these tiki style pillars that you could place flowers on top of, and the "arch" is one of those bamboo style canopys with tulle wrapped around it. I was not a fan of the old beach set up, but liked the new one so Mike and I had decided if the pyramid was our only option we would just move the ceremony to the beach (I do have a couple pictures so I will attach those once they are uploaded). However, when we met with Araceli she showed us pictures of another gazebo that we could use that is apparently shared by te Lindo and Del Mar coordinators, but luckily it wasn't requested already for our date so we were able to get it. The gazebo is in the center of the shopping plaza across the street from the Lindo. It is much more private there as there is barely anyone ever walking around the shopping plaza. So here is how it was set up.

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww that looks like a great set up! When I orginally saw the shopping centre gazebo, I was under the impression that they didn't use it for wedding ceremonies. Nice to know that you can!! :) Omg, I am so excited to see the rest of your pics and read your review!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
Thanks so much! So do you know if we can ship items down to the WC? Good call on the shells. I guess I will need to check into that. They are really cute, so I hope I can get them in. :)
BeachBride08 answered this awesomely, see below... You can ship things down to the wedding coordinator (well, at least Gabriela at the Del Mar). She just advised me to check with customs on things I decided to ship... I decided not to ship or pack anything like vases/candles/sea shells for decorations, we are going with an outside vendor/florist instead of the Iberostar Florist - they don't have the vases or any decor I wanted. So the outside florist can provide all the shells and stuff I want and I don't have to worry about customs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
It is taking forever to upload my pics and resize them, but here are two of the wedding set up to tide you over. When we got to the Lindo we walked around to check out the resort and where the gazebos were. We thought our only option was the pyramid and then we found another gazebo in one of the courtyards, but it seemed to be too small for our wedding size. The pyramid was awful! There is green paint on the ceiling was chipping off in big chunks on all four sides and was very noticeable. When we walked down to the beach we saw the set up there. The lounge chairs are very close to the wedding location, much closer in person than what I had seen in pictures and the beach is very busy so there was usually people in the water. We had gone down there to take pictures of the bridal party before our ceremony and it was very difficult to take pictures without people in the background. Anyhow, they did get new decorations for the beach ceremony and got rid of those ugly pillars. They now have these tiki style pillars that you could place flowers on top of, and the "arch" is one of those bamboo style canopys with tulle wrapped around it. I was not a fan of the old beach set up, but liked the new one so Mike and I had decided if the pyramid was our only option we would just move the ceremony to the beach (I do have a couple pictures so I will attach those once they are uploaded). However, when we met with Araceli she showed us pictures of another gazebo that we could use that is apparently shared by te Lindo and Del Mar coordinators, but luckily it wasn't requested already for our date so we were able to get it. The gazebo is in the center of the shopping plaza across the street from the Lindo. It is much more private there as there is barely anyone ever walking around the shopping plaza. So here is how it was set up.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Those pics are awesome! Congrats on the wedding!!! Let us know when you post your review, I can't wait to read it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, thanks for all the tips ladies! I think I will just keep everything and check it on the plane. Can't wait to hear and see more, Michelle! Your set up for the wedding looked great!

 

You ladies are amazing and I am so happy to have your wonderful ideas and suggestions. These are things that no one else can really can help with, freinds and family wise. This is such a great site. And I look foward to chatting with you more in the months to come, before our bigs days. And congrats to those who recently tied the knot. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm getting married next week. Every arrangement has been done by my sister for my special day. When I joined in an MNC I was troubled with severe headaches and as per my colleague's instruction, I took an appointment in a nearby eye clinic. And after an eye examination in Toronto, the eye specialist diagnosed hypermetropia in me. And the doctor prescribed eyeglasses for me. The doctor suggested me to wear eyeglasses during the working time. But I used to wear it sometimes not every day. Then I was troubled with severe eye strain and headache and mom was scolding me to wear eyeglasses every day. I thought of saying goodbye to eyeglasses forever. I'm planning for a Lasik eye surgery soon before my marriage. I don't know whether I'm eligible for Lasik eye surgery. I'm tensed about its recovery time and its complications. Can someone help me by sharing your views?  
    • In the 2017 bridal fashion week, many styles of wedding dresses were gradually popular. From serious bling to regal capes and fun and flirty short numbers, ByCouturier've got all the hottest wedding dress trends you need to know. Allover Sparkle
      Over-the-top sequins, tonal beading and metallic embellishments turned the Bridal Fashion Week runways into a glittery affair. Perfect for evening nuptials under the stars, this trend is daring but sophisticated. Pro tip: If you're rocking a gown with lots of sparkle, keep your accessories minimal and let your glitzy frock do all the talking.  Bold Ball Gowns
      If you're looking to make a dramatic entrance, a classic ball gown is for you—and we saw plenty of them. Take a cue from long, lace sleeves, or get glam with an embellished strapless bodice. No matter the details, this voluminous style is sure to turn heads.  Captivating Capes
      Not into veils? A full-length bridal cape or shorter capelet is the perfect alternative: It still adds movement to your gown, but feels fashion forward. Plus, this trend is an easy way to pull off a mid-wedding outfit change. Wear a cape or capelet for a more formal look during your ceremony, then whisk it away to hit the dance floor at your reception. Short, Sassy Dresses
      Whether you show off your legs (and a killer pair of heels) in an embellished mini or opt for a more conservative midi-length number, a wedding dress with a flirty hemline is a chic way to mix it up. Not willing to give up your dream ball gown? Change into a shorter frock to spice up your reception or after-party.  Plunging Necklines
      The deep V-neckline is a must-try for two reasons: It flatters your upper body (even if you're busty!) and elongates your frame. A plunging V with scalloped lace is ultra-feminine, while a sleek V plays up the inherently sexy vibe of a curve-skimming silhouette. Just make sure you have fashion tape handy the day of to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions. 
      Skinny Straps
      We love this trend for two reasons: A gown with barely there straps has all of the sex appeal of a strapless neckline, plus added support. We call that a bridal fashion win. 
    • Hello all, 
      I am here to get some suggestions on the best places to go on a honeymoon. I am getting married by the end of next month. 
      I was thinking of Bali or Maldives. But just wanted to know other beautiful and romantic places. The wedding banquet hall is a gift from our parents. The hall they have booked for us is one of the best banquet halls in Vaughan I’ve ever seen... Other arrangements like the videographer, photographer, wedding dress, reception dress are all finalized. The next week we have the pre-wedding shoot. Also, I'll start sending the invitations the same week. So, it is going to be hectic and I don't have time to rest or look for some nice places. So, if anyone here could suggest some places would be a great help. 
      Let me know your suggestions. 
      Thanks in advance! 
    • 123weddingcards.com believes in offering soothing and elegant wedding invitations that are available in exquisite designs to complement the style of bride and groom on their wedding day. Our designer wedding cards are highly premium & come with attractive design. Laser Cut Invitations Foil Stamped Invitations Embossed Invitations Glitter Invitations Floral Invitations Peacock Invitations Box Invitations Paisley Invitations Our ultimate goal is to provide the best and impeccable high-quality designs to unite your love with eternal memories by using diverse printing options like embossing, flocking, raised silk screen printing, hot foil stamping, and laser cuttings, to give a new multifaceted look to wedding invitations.  
    • The amazing destination for couples Vietnam is a very beautiful destination for newlyweds. The country is very diverse in terms of culture, nature, city, ethnic ... So come to Vietnam, you will experience all that you like from rural, modern, luxurious with low cost. Newlywed couples are eager to have a wonderful honeymoon without a problem abroad. However, the visa will be a surprise factor that can ruin the trip at any time.  To make sure that everything is ok, please contact us at our company. HGTECH specializes in providing services related to visa, passports, emergency ID, booking air tickets, booking ... Please contact us for a free visa consultation. and related issues. HGTECH INTERNATIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AND TRADING COMPANY
      Providing services related to the field of visa, passports, emergency CMT, booking air tickets, booking ...
      Head office: 39 An Trach 1, Dong Da Dist. Hanoi
      Hotline: 0989.496.239 - Mobile: 0243.7326.897
      Email: visa.vn55@gmail.com// info@hgtech.vn
      Website: http://www.visavietnamsupport.com/  
  • Topics

×