Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

Never stayed at the W but sounds like the beds are awesome!! I want one

#12 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Hey girls, quick question...Anyone know how their towels are? I've never stayed there so I'm just wondering how they are. I figure with a discount maybe it would be worth ordering a few. The description makes them sound so plush!

W HOTELS - THE STORE

#13 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:40 PM

if you are going to get it get the PILLOWTOP - the plush is not as good!

#14 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

We SOOO need a new bed!! I wish I had the money to buy one now! maybe next time.

#15 Jenn

Jenn
          • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

So I haven't ordered yet, but definitely will be in the next few days... we currently have a high end pillowtop and decided to order the plush with a featherbed. Our pillowtop is about 5 years old and the pillowtop is sort of smushed down. We figured with a featherbed, we could refluff it as needed. I think the beds in the W Hotel are setup this way as well. Pillowtops are definitely very comfy though :) When all is said and done, its about the same cost as the pillowtop, just our preference.

I called them with a few questions, so I thought I'd pass on the info... Also did a lot of internet research...

- King and Cali-King both have split boxsprings.
            - Delivery is 'white-glove' and I believe they do haul away for free as well.
            - Unless you want a REALLY high bed, definitely consider the 'Low-Profile'.
            - None of the mattresses are flippable. (Not sure how I feel about this)
            - I was reading another forum from the last time W Hotel did this, and the delivery times are not as cut and dry as they are on the website. Major cities seemed to receive the bed in about 7-10 days. Everywhere else was up to a month.
            - After ordering online, you should get a confirmation email for the purchase, and then a phone call 2 days prior to delivery.

Can't remember what the towels are like, but I bet they're nice :)

#16 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,490 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

what a good find! how are the pillows there? I have stayed there a couple of times but can't remember!

#17 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jenn
                So I haven't ordered yet, but definitely will be in the next few days... we currently have a high end pillowtop and decided to order the plush with a featherbed. Our pillowtop is about 5 years old and the pillowtop is sort of smushed down. We figured with a featherbed, we could refluff it as needed. I think the beds in the W Hotel are setup this way as well. Pillowtops are definitely very comfy though :) When all is said and done, its about the same cost as the pillowtop, just our preference.

I called them with a few questions, so I thought I'd pass on the info... Also did a lot of internet research...

- King and Cali-King both have split boxsprings.
                - Delivery is 'white-glove' and I believe they do haul away for free as well.
                - Unless you want a REALLY high bed, definitely consider the 'Low-Profile'.
                - None of the mattresses are flippable. (Not sure how I feel about this)
                - I was reading another forum from the last time W Hotel did this, and the delivery times are not as cut and dry as they are on the website. Major cities seemed to receive the bed in about 7-10 days. Everywhere else was up to a month.
                - After ordering online, you should get a confirmation email for the purchase, and then a phone call 2 days prior to delivery.

Can't remember what the towels are like, but I bet they're nice :)
                Jenn,

i also found out that the featherbed W sells - they sell the SAME EXACT one at bed, bath and beyond and it is cheaper there with the 20% BB&B coupon than on W even with the 40% - i forget the name but if you call the # you called for all the other questions and ask, they will tell you :)

#18 Jenn

Jenn
                • 1,557 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alyssa
                  Jenn,

i also found out that the featherbed W sells - they sell the SAME EXACT one at bed, bath and beyond and it is cheaper there with the 20% BB&B coupon than on W even with the 40% - i forget the name but if you call the # you called for all the other questions and ask, they will tell you :)
                  That's awesome! I'll have to call tomorrow and ask... I have BB&B coupons up the wazoo!

Andi - I love their pillows. There are definitely similar pillows at BB&B or Linens & Things, but we are splurging on the pillows as well :)

#19 EDYTA

EDYTA
                  • 1,277 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:10 AM

This post is so funny cause hubby and i just came back from montreal and we stayed at the sofitel and we can't stop talking about their beds and how amazing they r and i had probably some of the best sleeps on that bed....so we are going to order online the sofitel bed but now the w one sounds great 2...never stayed at the w before so wonder which one is better hmmm anyone know

#20 luckygirl

luckygirl
                    • 339 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:36 AM

I've stayed at both, and the W bed was more comfortable..except for the pillows. My all time favorite mattress though is from Kingsdown....it is amazing but costs more that the Simmons bed. I was most mad about losing that one in my prev. life. I would look into the BBB deal, since I'm sure Simmons mfg.s this mattress for more than one company. Kinda like the generic grocery store brand food...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users