Photo

Rehearsal and welcome dinner- veto'd out

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

Both my rehearsal dinner and my welcomed dinner have been veto'd out by Mom and sisters. They say that those dinner, plus the wedding, equal to three nights where guests would have to spend with us as opposed to doing whatever they want.

I'm fine with that, but I planned on handing out the OOT bags at the welcome dinner.

So, here is my next plan, which I have gotten the stamp of approval from the family: what about a welcome cocktail or breakfest, or something along those lines.

How would I plan that? Who would I contact? I plan on including the information for it in our invitations.

Thanks.

~~

#2 Mrs.T 2010

Mrs.T 2010
    • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

Welcome cocktails sound great and then guests would not have to feel so obligated.

#3 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
      • 203 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:59 PM

I would just pick one of the bars at the resort and tell your guests in the invits that you will be there to meet and greet all your guest at particular time. that way it is casual and simple. if they dont want to come they wont feel as obligated.
        Live every day like the next will never come.

#4 Angel

Angel
        • 2,635 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

Welcome cocktails sound good. I was planning on doing a dinner but I may have to steal your idea.

#5 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:07 PM

Is your mom or sister footing the bill? If not then why do they have a vote?

#6 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

I think welcome cocktails is the way we are going to go and then a dinner the night before the wedding. I would pick a bar and let people know where and when, if you pick it before you go (you could ask your wc) then you can put it in a letter prior to everyone arriving.
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 ehegwer

ehegwer
              • 139 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:06 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yari
                Is your mom or sister footing the bill? If not then why do they have a vote?
                +1

Cheers,
                E

#8 Kathie

Kathie
                • 2,654 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

Your family should not have a say unless they are paying. On the other hand I would probably have either a welcome dinner or a rehearsal dinner. Probably the welcome dinner so everyond can attend. Just let them know they're not obligated to go. I think they will want to.

#9 Copita

Copita
                  • 979 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

Haha. We are opposites. My mother and sister REALLY wanted me to do a welcome dinner and all this other stuff and I said, No way, since everyone's on vaca and want to do their own thing, plus they'll have my wedding to attend.
                    But I ended up beign swayed and set up a "meet and greet" for the night before the wedding in the hotel lobby so everyone could say Hello to eachother. Thing is, it didn't even end up happening because we were busy finalizing our wedding details with the WC and we had rehearsal that same day. LOL.
                    Nothing ever goes as planned and it was SO much fun!

#10 Christi

Christi
                    • 1,905 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

Cocktails are fun, but if you'd like to have a RD and/or a welcome dinner than you should...I'd choose one or the other though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users