• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 LisaG

LisaG
  • VIP Member
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:55 PM

haha - Jason! You're funny!

I'm getting my FI's ring engraved with "I love you the most" and our wedding date. We're probably not going to get gifts....or at least we haven't talked about it.

#22 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:48 PM

Tammy - I don't think gifts are necessary at all. For some reason it's just what people do. I wanted to give R a momento from the day (well, other than me & his ring!). I also plan to sit down the morning of the wedding & write him a letter from my heart...I think that's really the best gift personally.

#23 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

Melissa ~ I love the picture frame idea. He is going to love it!!

It sounds like watches are the gift of choice.

I'm actually making my gift.....It is a quilt with beach cottages, cabanas, palm trees, the beach and the ocean with waves. Tony loves the beach and palm trees, so I figured this would be a great gift. I'm going to also make a label for the quilt with a nice note and our wedding date on it.

I also want to have his ring engraved...I think that is a great idea. BD pics would be nice too (I know he would LOVE those)....hmm.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#24 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:44 PM

Melissa that is the nicest thing I ever heard. Your FI is going to love it. I am going to contact my friend's husband and ask him how much he can get a tag for. Is there any specific model someone wants me to ask about? If not I will just ask him generally how much he could get me a tag for. I know if you pay cash he will take off a lot from the price. I will tell him that they are for me so that he gives me the best deal. I'll post when I find out just to give you girls an idea.

Hmmm...why do I already see myself treading through snow with a bookbag full of Tag watches? LOL. First pashs now watches. I swear my FI thinks I'm crazy!

#25 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 05:52 PM

ROFL, you could always go to Cabo and become a vendor Glenda.. "hey you want to buy a watch".. lol

#26 *JillD*

*JillD*
            • 5,112 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:52 PM

Melissa, your FI is going to love the picture frame, thats such a thoughtful gift!

Tammy, I don't think gifts are really necessary either, especially with the expense of the wedding, thats kind of why I think I'll just give him the BD pics (if I do them) and he can wait for the watch, unless....

glenda can get a good deal on tags, then he'll get his watch now. I was thinking the same thing about you trekking through the snow!!! I would totally love it if you are able to get a good deal on these, general price idea would be fine. I really appreciate it!!

#27 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:18 PM

hmm sounds like a watch is a good wedding present. I doubt we will do anything unless he gets a paying job instead of an internship in the near future.
              I am hoping for an anniversary band for my ring (since we are getting married the day after our 4th anniversary) but probably won't get it until our 1 yr/honeymoon trip in 2008 when we actually get married in Jamaica.

For him, I would really love to get him a new barbque since his is somewhat broken right now and he loves it
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#28 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

I love they whole letter thing - I've been thinking about what I will write for years; long before we were ever engaged.

As for the watch, I've secretly reserved some of the wedding budget for that. I'm still paying for it - it was just always in my budget.
                I feel like I have been so spoiled with this whole wedding - the rings, the dress, the hair/makeup, etc. He's kinda getting the short end bc he would be happy at city hall and he's doing a lot of this to make me happy. I know gifts don't matter, but I feel like he's given so much and I want him to have a gift in return.

#29 KELLID

KELLID
                • 37 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:56 AM

Does anyone know-can you engrave a Tungston ring?

#30 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

Kelly, Cain is getting a Tungsten wedding band.. And yes, I'm having it engraved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users