Ceremony Music

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 shelley0930

• 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

I was just wondering what other brides have used for ceremony music or what they plan on using and how they timed the music.

I want there to be music before the ceremony starts and when the groom and BM enter also when the MOH enters and when I enter. I'm not sure if I should use one song or two different songs.

Let me know if you have and ideas or what worked for you.

#2 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:20 PM

I love Pachebel's Canon. But it was used at my brother's wedding this summer and I really want something different.

I look forward to seein people's responses :)
      Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
      Made it legal : June 30, 2009

#3 foxytv

• VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

BM's walked down the aisle to Katie Melua's "Just Like Heaven." Everyone thought that song sounded like a dream ... and it was just ssoo perfect for a DW.

#4 ashrose

• 422 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

I haven't figured out timing or anything... but I really want everyone to walk down the aisle to the song Be My Music by Cait Agus Sean. It is beautiful.

#5 shelley0930

• 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I'm really stuck on this one.

This will give me a few ideas to start things off.

#6 Christi

• 1,905 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:06 AM

I love swing/big band music, so we used that era for our music theme for the ceremony...we had picked 10 songs to play while our guests were seated and then we had the following for the ceremony...

Groom: Woodchoppers Ball - Woody Herman
              MOH/BM: Tuxedo Junction - Glenn Miller Orchestra
              Bride: Moonlight Serenade - Glenn Miller Orchestra
              Recessional: In the mood - Glenn Miller Orchestra

Can you tell I love Glenn Miller! :)

#7 BachataBride

• Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:50 PM

I'm still trying to figure that out too...but I wanted to post so that I could come back to it! :)

#8 courtney

• 49 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

I'm still trying to decide too. Keep the ideas coming!

#9 bride2010

• 424 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by BachataBride
                    I'm still trying to figure that out too...but I wanted to post so that I could come back to it! :)
                    I'm in the same boat. Been asking around for ideas. I'll post with updates as I find ideas.
                    26 Booked + Bride & Groom
                    "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#10 trophywife

• 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:50 AM

I'm getting married in Hawaii and I am in the same boat as a lot of our fellow engaged ladies!! Once we're getting married in Hawaii we want a Hawaiian song with lots of meaning sang in the Hawaiian language, however it's hard!! I'm thinking of having my Uncle (he's native to Hawaii and lives there and so musically talented) play his guitar or ukleili (sp?) and sing gently during the ceremony. It would be so meaningful to me. And he knows lots of songs so maybe we can just have him do one half of the song in Hawaiian and then sing it back in English?? Or I can do Jason Mraz "I'm Yours" It's such a sweet song, but too fast to walk to?? What do you think?? I also like the song in the movie 50 First Dates by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole called "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Lots of meaning behind that but again too fast?? If Jason Mraz and Israel Kamakawiwo'ole song are too fast I may just have to chose one to be played as we as a married couple walk off of the aisle and one to play as we walk into the reception.

Here you can hear the songs on YouTube:
                      Jason Mraz "I'm Yours"
                      Israel Kamakawiwo'ole "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users