Weather Question!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

So, I am officially a future Cabo bride!!! My FI and I settled on RIU Santa Fe, Septemeber 25th, 2009. Our date and time are confirmed...we booked for 5pm in the gazebo area :)

We are fully aware that it is hurricane season, this was a risk we took knowingly but we really wanted September and heard from several sources that Cabo was very very rarely hit by hurricanes because of it's location. So we went for it!!!!

My question: Since we should be expecting brief showers since it is rainy season, what time of day do they usually come at? Like is it typical for night showers? or most likely morning rain or is it different ever time? Any input would be helpful as if there is a typical time of day that it rains we may request to have our ceremony time changed since it is outdoors.

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

lisa, i'm sorry but my experience with rain in cabo is that it is different all the time, we were there at the end of september almost 2 yrs ago now and did not experience a drop of rain, i hope your have the same luck.

#3 marcoloscabos

• Validating
    • 155 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:05 AM

Hello lgarner83,

There is really no set time for the rain season in Cabo. The only time that rains here in Cabo is when we have a tropical storm or hurricane close by. And as you know, hurricanes /storms are very unpredictable. Once the water temperature warms up, it is a magnet for developing storms.

Hurricane season officially begins on May 15 and ends on November 15 each year. But during the 15 years I have been living here, it is usually august, september and the first 2 weeks of october where rain happens.

Hopefully this answers your question :)

Have a great day!

#4 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

Thank you, it does! I guess we'll just stick with our ceremony time and hope for the best!

#5 Floreria Rayen

Floreria Rayen
        • 39 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

Hi lgarner83,

It's really rare when it rains in Cabo, but you may get some cloudy days especially during the months of August and September. It's really ahead of time to check for possible hurricanes of storms, but I lived here for 10 years now and I only had one big hurricane.

This is the web page that I use, hope it helps.
          San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico Forecast : Weather Underground
          It has a "plan your trip" tool that could be helpful.

Anyway have in mind a plan B in case of rain (inside a restaurant at the Hotel, or a Ballroom).

Good luck!

#6 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

I was there last year the first week of Oct. No rain. I am getting married at the Santa fe also. Oct 17th at 5pm this year. So I well let you know.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#7 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

Thanks everybody!!

Kelly C- tell us everything when you get back!

#8 hbsbride

• 331 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:28 PM

I'm in the same predicament. I'm booked for Aug. 22, 2009 and know the weather is unpredictable. Look on the bright side, rain is supposed to be good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users