del Sol underwater trash the dress movie

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

Just on the tails of our swimming with Whale Sharks, we have recently purchased an HD video camera and an underwater housing.... ok, so now I'm a videographer! HA... .not really.... but I enjoy documenting life and use my eye to put together our experiences.

Sol & I have purchased underwater housings for our pro digital camera because it is so much fun swimming in the pool, cenote, ocean...wherever... and recording footage of the fun. I actually would like to motivate all the folks on the forum to investigate purchasing an underwater housing for your own Point and shoot digital camera. They are cheap and the payoff will come instantly.

First, I'd like to give you advice based on the P&S camera that we have... I think its a Canon Powershot 850.

Regardless of our model, there are lots of small P&S cameras out there with underwater housings available and for super cheap. Click the image to open in full size.

Most camera manufacturers make an underwater housing for all models of their P&S cameras... if you already own a camera, search out to see if there is a housing to fit around your current model. You may be surprised they are all priced in the $150-200 range... well affordable for the fun imagery.

That said, we spent a few thousand on our housing and accessories for our camera and used them for the first time. Here is a shot Sol took of me in action in & out of the water...

This was our first TTD in a cenote with the camera housing plus the housing made for our video camera... so I shot some documentary footage and had some fun....

Here is my underwater video documentary of the session... a really cool perspective :

Click the image to open in full size.

one of the shots I got from the underworld
    Click the image to open in full size.

Let me know your thoughts :)

Cheers!
    matt

#2 Gen Snipes

Gen Snipes
    • 153 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

VERY COOL! - Love that underwater pic

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

I bought the housing for my canon SD600. It was great! We had so much fun with it in mexico.

Underwater photography is my current obsession. I only wish the water in NC looked like it does in mexico.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

I definitely want to try this with my new camera. Great pic sample, Matt!

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Cool video!!!! You got some great pics as well, so funny to see the bride all sitting calmly with little fishies swimming around her legs :P

#6 Carolyn

Carolyn
            • 1,235 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

Great Video. The pictures came out really good.

#7 niels408

niels408
              • 327 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

The video is great! Your always evolving :) Your work is beautiful!

Laura

#8 endlesslove

endlesslove
                • 362 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

I have an A620 I was thinking about getting a houseing for, but I plan to upgrade to the xSi. And that housing alone is more than the camera. *sigh*

The picture underwater looks amazing though! I would love to have pictures like that.

#9 yamille

yamille
                  • 1,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:17 AM

Awesome shots and really cool to see the process on video. Thanks for posting Matt!

#10 B&J2008

B&J2008
                    • 266 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:44 AM

This is gorgeous! Awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users