Importing flowers to Cabo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jsole152

jsole152
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hi all,

I have a question about importing flowers into Cabo via the US or Mexico City. I have been told it is possible to import from the US, but it requires a permit. I haven't been able to find any info about such a permit and wanted to know if anyone had any further information.

Also, if the US isn't an option for importing, does anyone have recommendations for other vendors in Mexico (e.g., Mexico City), that can import flowers more cheaply than what is available in Cabo?

Thanks,

J

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

jason, this isn;t a great idea...we had one bride whose uncle is a big florist and he was doing their flowers...he had them shipped from the US and they did not make it to cabo...they got a call the night before that they arrived in tijuana or something and the uncle had to drive like 6 hours each way to pick them up.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
    • Banned
    • 1,051 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

Sorry I'm not much help but, I would say try and find a vendor down there and don't ship. Can you imagine if the big day rolled around and the flowers were lost somewhere in space? I don't know if this is an option but, have you considered using any silk or real-touch flowers? I have seen pictures where you CANNOT tell the difference, and they won't wilt! If you don't want to go that route, I'm sure you will be able to find a good vendor in Cabo!

#4 sassybride

sassybride
      • Banned
      • 294 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

check out florenta (cabo vendor) she's on this forum and I heard that she had better prices then other vendors!
        Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

dont bother trying to import them - the shipping fees and permit price alone will make it the same price as a florist in cabo.

#6 jsole152

jsole152
        • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for your input everyone. We are now just thinking about some simple Calla Lillies from Maye. Much less headache.

J

#7 MERRYME

MERRYME
          • 324 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:32 AM

there is a calla lilly grower north of cabo!! My wedding coordinator mentioned it to me. You could probably buy really cheap.

Wedding coordinator Happy Moreno reservations@alegriainn.net
            I´m sure she would help
            Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
            22nd of December 2006

#8 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
            • 141 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hi Jsole

I agree with some of the folks here, it's better to try and find a vendor here in Cabo, here's why:

If you import them from the US you have to pay Import fees, mailing and handling, as well as shipping them from anywhere in Mexico and sadly, event though Cabo is Mexico, the shipping is more expensive since they have to go across country.

There are some really nice flower vendors down here.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users