Photo

My FI's solution to the TTD problem

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ashrose

ashrose
  • 422 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

You should have seen it. He looked like a puppy dog whose whole world had been crushed.

"You know hunny, we are going to need to get up early on the day after our wedding for our TTD shoot."

"What? You are having us leave the room on the first full day I'm married to you? Isn't that what room service is for?"

"We can do it later, but Kaylee will need to fly home shortly thereafter so it just makes sense to do it the day after the wedding."

He was not pleased.

His solution...

"Why don't we do it before the wedding? Like you know, the day before."

... he eventually caught himself and realized that trash the dress meant I probably wouldnt want to wear it for the ceremony if done before.

Good effort though. Got to give him points for thinking outside the box.

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

Is finding a TTD dress a suitable compromise? Or are you wanting to wear THE dress for the TTD?
      Happily married since 2008

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

rach thats a good idea, lots of bdw gals have had a diff ttd dress, so they could experience the fun without actually trashing THE dress.

personally, i wanted to trash my THE dress. it was so much fun, but wouldnt have been quite the same experience for me if it wasnt my THE dress.

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

I actually suggested this to our photographer because I don't want to wake up super early the day after either! I asked her if it was unusual and she said yes (LOL) but whatever we decided would be fine. Of course, I would have bought a second dress to do that and we would have worn our rings for that special occasion (and then take them off right after until the ceremony).

We finally decided to go with a sunSET TTD the day after. It will mean paying for our photog. to stay one more night but I think sleeping in the day after is a more than equal trade off

In the end it's completely up to the two of you!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 Kits55

Kits55
        • 607 posts
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
        • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ashrose
        You should have seen it. He looked like a puppy dog whose whole world had been crushed.

"You know hunny, we are going to need to get up early on the day after our wedding for our TTD shoot."

"What? You are having us leave the room on the first full day I'm married to you? Isn't that what room service is for?"

"We can do it later, but Kaylee will need to fly home shortly thereafter so it just makes sense to do it the day after the wedding."

He was not pleased.

His solution...

"Why don't we do it before the wedding? Like you know, the day before."

... he eventually caught himself and realized that trash the dress meant I probably wouldnt want to wear it for the ceremony if done before.

Good effort though. Got to give him points for thinking outside the box.
        LOL, that's really cute. I'm afraid that i'll be a crabby bitch at my TTD since i HATE waking up before 8am. lol

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

jai, thats a good idea too! and just as lovely lighting as sunrise.

i think morgan had some nighttime ttd shots, but not her actual ttd dress but her THE dress the night of the wedding. i could be off on that tho....

#7 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

we were afraid that we would sleep thru the wake up call b/c we went to bed late and drunk...but we were up every morning around 8 while we were there and napped during the afternoon. most of our guests got up early that morning to watch us...even though we specifically told mil that we didn't want anyone to even know.....hrm....

i think a ttd dress would be a good compromise...

#8 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Abbie
            jai, thats a good idea too! and just as lovely lighting as sunrise.

i think morgan had some nighttime ttd shots, but not her actual ttd dress but her THE dress the night of the wedding. i could be off on that tho....
            we had some the night of in THE dress b/c i was drunk and decided that a swim would be fun.......

#9 ashrose

ashrose
            • 422 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

See, I want to trash THE dress because its the only other time I'll wear it. :)

He's just going to have to make due. I'll eventually show him some sexy ttd pictures so he can see that he doesn't have to keep his hands off me during the shoot.

He's just really cute because we are so traditional... we aren't kissing until our wedding day... at the altar. (565 more days!!).

#10 sally

sally
              • 302 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

Wow no kisses til the big day that's some will power!!
                I'm sure once you get into the spirit of you TTD shoot you'll be wide awake and have a blast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users