Made this tonight for dinner and it was delicious *Greek Melt*
Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:39 PM
From Real Simple magazine
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
2/3 cup plain yogurt
Juice of half a lemon
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 10-ounce bag cleaned spinach
1. Heat oven to 400º F. Toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Arrange the tomatoes, cut-side up, on a baking sheet. Bake until they are just softened, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the Feta, yogurt, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; set aside.
3. Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil to the skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is softened and just turning golden. Add the spinach and the remaining salt.
5. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the spinach is just wilted, about 4 minutes.
6. Brush both sides of the pitas with the remaining olive oil. Place in the oven and heat until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes per side. (You can also do this on a medium-hot grill.) Place the pitas on plates. Top with the spinach and tomatoes. Drizzle the yogurt-Feta sauce on top and serve.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES 553(0% from fat); FAT 28g (sat 11g); CHOLESTEROL 55mg; CALCIUM 644mg; CARBOHYDRATE 55g; SODIUM 2283mg; PROTEIN 23mg; FIBER 6g; IRON 6mg
Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:41 PM
Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:47 PM
Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:32 PM
Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:22 AM
| Originally Posted by Alyssa |
That sounds good Sandra - i wish i lived near you and could just come over for dinner i am so LAZY
Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:51 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users