Photo

You know your addicted to BDW when...

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#11 lambert13

lambert13
  • 901 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

...........when you are a guy who got married 6 months ago and still sign on every day to see what the girls are up to.

...........and have to try to rearrange group vacation plans with your sister to accommodate for the BDW get together you are planning.

#12 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

....the only time you get any housework done is when BDW is offline for some reason.

#13 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lambert13
        ...........when you are a guy who got married 6 months ago and still sign on every day to see what the girls are up to.

and we love this about you, lol!

#14 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

Morgan - those are so true - that is awesome!!!

#15 Gretchen

Gretchen
          • Banned
          • 416 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

I know it is an addiction because I stay logged in ALL day at work.
            And because I look forward to posts from certain folks because I "value their opinions" even though I dont' REALLY know them! Why do I seem to have favorites? These people are not people that I email or talk to outside of reaching their posts....
            Or how about I wonder how people are doing when I haven't seen them post for awhile. (HEIDI!)
            OR - this is the place to turn to for advice about everything - wedding related or not!
            There are sooo many reasons...
            Gretchen "GiGi"

#16 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

You know you are addicted when you're having a perfectly good time and you excuse yourself to check the forum, God forbid you're missing a hot topic.

You know you're addicted when you are at someone else's house and ask to use their internet...and it isn't to check email :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~
              OMG if you only knew how many times I've had to explain how I know someone who told me something..."this girl I know from my wedding forum" is so not a credible source to most people...lol It sounds like I'm a shut-in with no friends in real life. Too funny!

#17 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:58 AM

...you jump on a new thread . . . post your response . . . then see in a few minutes - it's a poll!

you are upset your post count reduced due to threads getting deleted

you actually KNOW your post count

you worry about other major members when they don't post for a few days. Should I call 911. So and so is missing

when you tell your SO (who never goes near this place) about a post—and knows who you’re talking about--- by name.

#18 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MsShelley

when you tell your SO (who never goes near this place) about a post—and knows who you’re talking about--- by name.
                  oh that's so true! lol

I swear Jeff knows half of you and he's never even on here.

Ann, if you read this, I just have to share: this morning Jeff was hanging over my shoulder as I was checking the forum as soon as I got home from work (yup, addicted!). Anyway, I was scrolling down through a post of yours and Jeff said "Is that your friend Ann? I think I'd like to meet her some day. She looks very sweet and kind. Yup, she has a kind face. I bet she's a nice person". Isn't that cute? And any time I say Tammy, he says "Tammy & Steve, or Tammy in Michigan?" lol

#19 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sarah
                    oh that's so true! lol

I swear Jeff knows half of you and he's never even on here.

Ann, if you read this, I just have to share: this morning Jeff was hanging over my shoulder as I was checking the forum as soon as I got home from work (yup, addicted!). Anyway, I was scrolling down through a post of yours and Jeff said "Is that your friend Ann? I think I'd like to meet her some day. She looks very sweet and kind. Yup, she has a kind face. I bet she's a nice person". Isn't that cute? And any time I say Tammy, he says "Tammy & Steve, or Tammy in Michigan?" lol
                    OMG - that's so cute! Thanks, Jeff! I SO want to meet you guys too - well, I have met you (and seen you naked! hehe), but I think the 4 of us would have a blast.

When I talk to Paul about Tammy, he does the "Tammy our TA, or the Michigan one?" Or about Sarah, he just knows you're the one that's going to help me deliver our child.

Oh, and as for the addiction ... I"ve got to the point where I am covering it up and lying about it becuase of all the slack I get when I say something about the forum. I've got to the point where I am saying "a friend of a friend" or just "someone I know" instead of saying it's someone from the forum.

#20 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by AnnR
                      OMG - that's so cute! Thanks, Jeff! I SO want to meet you guys too - well, I have met you (and seen you naked! hehe), but I think the 4 of us would have a blast.

When I talk to Paul about Tammy, he does the "Tammy our TA, or the Michigan one?" Or about Sarah, he just knows you're the one that's going to help me deliver our child.

Oh, and as for the addiction ... I"ve got to the point where I am covering it up and lying about it becuase of all the slack I get when I say something about the forum. I've got to the point where I am saying "a friend of a friend" or just "someone I know" instead of saying it's someone from the forum.
                      Oh yeah- Jeff totally says that too- "Ann, the one that you got naked with?" I do hope we can all get together some day. We definitely have to do a group vacation :) Maybe I'll have to plan a road trip to MN when Nugget is due...although it won't be much of a vacation for you! lol

I do that too Ann- I just say "a friend" sometimes. I get sick of the eye rolling, etc. !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users