264 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:28 AM

Half of your sentences start with "my friends on the forum"

You don't know what to do with yourself on nights when the forum isn't working.

Your productivity at work is suffering because you can't stop checking for new posts.

You can't do anything wedding related without running it past the forum first.

When you buy something new for the wedding, you can't wait to take a picture & post it.

Your photobucket account has over 10 pages of wedding pictures.

You get excited when new smilies appear & can't wait to use them all.

You demand pictures of everything.

OK, I'll stop & leave some for everyone else.

How do you know you are addicted to BDW?

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:33 AM

I think you covered it pretty well Morgan! The biggest one is starting everything with, "well, Ann said.." person interrupts me and says "who's Ann?" and I have to reply "my friend from the forum"... or insert other random BDW person I talk to on a regular basis. I'm always having to start every sentence with "well, this girl on my wedding forum"... despite the fact that I've almost been married a year :)

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:35 AM

You know you are addicted when you start typing, or worse - speaking, in BDW abbreviations!

I wrote an e-mail to my aunt when I mailed my save-the-dates, discussed various wedding plans.

She calls and says "You can get STDs in the mail!" she had no idea what an OOT bag was either!

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:36 AM

Sarah I know how you feel, my goodness we have been married going on a year now and were still here.. Course I use the excuse of being a mod.. lol

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

LOL...those are all so true, Morgan!

Mine is when you are scared to go to somewhere without internet access for more than 24 hours because you won't be able to check BDW.

#6 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:38 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
              You know you are addicted when you start typing, or worse - speaking, in BDW abbreviations!

I wrote an e-mail to my aunt when I mailed my save-the-dates, discussed various wedding plans.

She calls and says "You can get STDs in the mail!" she had no idea what an OOT bag was either!
              Too funny! My FI always looks at me crazy when I start talking BDW lingo - BMs, TAs, OOT bags, etc.

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:43 AM

OK I have to add another one, how many of you were talking to your FI, or a random person and started talking in BDW Talk, "So I just finished my STD's" Or "honey we have to BD tonight because I got an + OPK"

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108

My friend emailed back "whats a TA? I can't figure out what you are talking about."

#9 Virg

Virg
                  • 684 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

You also know that you are hooked when the site goes down ( or your internet does) and you FREAK more about the forum than you do other addictions, like Facebook....
                    Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                    Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#10 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:50 AM

you know you're addicted when

you believe there should be some type of award for reaching 10,000 posts

you have to let people know not to expect any posts from you because you will be “away for a couple of hours”

you keep hitting the refresh button to see if anyone responded to your post

the only time you get anything done is when there's a software upgrade to the forums

you're post count is approaching that of the forum owner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users