Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:01 PM
I know i can count on my bdw'ers for ideas!!!
Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:07 PM
Another is the toilet paper game. You have to guess how many cubes of toilet paper it takes to wrap around the mommy-to-be's tummy.
Those are just a few but there are lots of games.
Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:12 PM
I want to see if theres any other games that I havent played or heard of.
I havent seen or played the diaper game so Im excited to see how that goes. That has to be hilarious.
Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:17 PM
Can you tell I've had a couple of showers. LOL!!!!
Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:21 PM
2. buy the little pacifiers from the party store and tie each one on a string (like a necklace) and each person gets one when they arrive and they can't say a certain word like baby and if they do and someone catches them they get their necklace and the person w/ the most necklaces wins.
I know there are more...but that's what I got for now...
Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:24 AM
Left Right Game ~ Have guests sit in a circle and hand one of the guests a wrapped present. Don't let her open it yet. Begin telling the following story (each time you say the word LEFT they have to pass it to the person on their left. Each time you say RIGHT pass it to the right.) The guest left holding the gift at the end of the story is the winner!
Mrs. Right was on her way to Cara’s baby shower. She accidentally took a Right instead of a Left and got lost. Mrs. Right Left her house at 1:45 and arrived Right on time at 2:00. But Mrs. Right Left her gift at home! She was not in her Right mind today. Mrs. Right left the shower and went back home. The gift was on the table, Right where she had Left it! Mrs. Right Left her house and went Right back to the shower. When she arrived there wasn't any food Left! Mrs. Right was so hungry that she Left the shower, got Right back into her car and drove to the Right Left Right Doo-Wop Diner! Mrs. Right ordered the Sunday Special and ate it Right up until there was nothing Left!
Unwrapping Game ~ For this baby shower game idea, set a timer to go off every five to ten minutes as the mom-to-be is opening her gifts.The guest whose present is being opened at the time the buzzer sounds, gets a small prize. Easy and fun!
What's in a Purse? ~ First have the mother-to-be make a list of about 8 random items (spoon, utility bill, gum, etc.) Things normally not found in a purse. (You would be suprised what some women have in their purse.) The first person who shouts out I've got that, wins! You have a winner for each item.
Tray Game Variation ~ This baby shower game idea is similar to the classic "Baby items on a tray memory game", only with a fun twist!Have the person go around the room with baby items on it as planned, but instead of asking questions about the itemson the tray ask the questions about how the person carrying the tray is dressed! FYI - Havethe person carrying the tray leave the room before asking questions about them.
The Candy Bar Game ~ This is one of my favorite baby shower game ideas! Buy the following candy bars and tape them to a large piece of poster board. Hand out paper and a pen to each guest. Begin reading off each clue and have guests write down which candy bar goes with each clue. The guest with the most correct wins a prize, or a candy bar! If more than one person wins, have them each pick their favorite candy bar.
AND/OR: 11 pound baby: Whoppers
AND/OR: Epidural: Lifesavers
Boys' Names: Mike & Ike
Umbilical Cord: Twizzlers
Father: Sugar Daddy
Baby Fat: Chunky
Girl's Name: Baby Ruth
Cover Baby's Face with These: Hershey's Kisses
Hospital Bills: 100 Grand
AND/OR: College Fund: 100 Grand
Time Alone: Zero
Diapers, Formula, Medicine: Payday
OR: Hospital Bills: Payday
First Year of Parenthood: Rocky Road
Dirty Laundry: Mounds
AND/OR: Engorgement: Mounds
Night of Conception: Skor
Sweet Infant: Sugar Babies
Breast Feeding: Milky Way
Poopie Diaper: Tootsie Roll
Contractions: Now & Later
Triplets: 3 Muskateers
Cool Mom: Peppermint Patty
Pass The Centerpiece ~ This is a great game to decide who gets to take home the cute centerpiece!
Have guests sit around the room and you read the following rhymes to them. Pass the centerpiece around accordingly. The guest left holding the centerpiece at the end, gets to take it home with them.
1. The news is out, quick send a cable, the centerpiece goes to the lady across the table.
2. If someone wears a dress of blue, she must take this gift from you. If blue cannot be seen, it goes to the one wearing green.
3. I will now read another verse...please pass it to the gal with the largest purse.
4. We are getting tricky, here is a real humdinger! Pass it to the one with the most rings on her fingers.
5. Wow! What a success! Pass it to the guest with the most buttons on her dress.
6. Alas, this gift is not for you. It now goes to the one with the largest shoe.
7. Let's get this party started girls..pass it to the one with the cutest curls.
8. Mommy is anxious. Daddy is nervous. Now pass this to the lady who drove the furthest.
9. There won't be time to practice, there won't be time to rehearse. Pass this centerpiece to the gal with the most money in her purse!
10. We hope you all are having fun. We have tried to include most everyone. From the largest purse to the largest shoe, pass this gift to the right of you.
11. We're ending this rhyme, this is the last poem, the centerpiece you are holding is yours to take home!
* I attached the list of games and the The Candy Bar Game Worksheet!
Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:46 PM
Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:55 PM
| Originally Posted by beachbride08 |
We just threw my cousin a baby shower a few weeks and I was part of the "gaming committee". We did a baby food word scramble-the first person to finish with all the correct answers won a prize, we put 20 baby items in a office paper box we wrapped the box and cut two arms holes on each side and taped a food timer on top set at 20 seconds. Each person had 20 seconds to feel around in the box and on the paper we provided had to write down what they thought was in the box. We picked the top three people with the most correct items. No one got all 20. Everyone really enjoyed that one. Our last game was baby bingo that we played until all the prizes were gone.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users