Sign in to follow this  

Your veil looks great!! I love the ribbon detail and the crystals.

I'm also going to try to make my own. I bought the fabric, but don't have the time yet....maybe after I mail my invites.

Ann - why don't you try buying a cheap veil even and then adding the crystals/embellishments later? I can't belive how much the bridal stores raise up the prices for a $6 package of Swvarski crystals. It's insane!!! I got the ribbon at Micheals too. i can't remember anymore I bought alot of different stuff but majority form micheals and fabric land. Michaels had veils but they weren't flexible/flowy I found.

Jilly- I didn't have a pattern/instructions. Sorry Hun. But i can help you out as much as I can :) It really was not hard what so ever!!!! I SWEAR I'm no expert sewer either. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Now I just hope it goes with my dress... which I'm sure it will.

OK here are some pictures of me in the veil.... not in my sweat pants.

And a pic of the comb atached to the veil.

Click the image to open in full size.

wow - nice work! i am really going to try to mimic that veil i liked - w/the silver trim and pearls on the trim. i am going to go to the craft store and see what they have.

oh, and i ran across this in my hunt - it looks pretty helpful Making a Veil

Wow, that's incredible. I don't think I could ever pull that off - I am horrible at sewing. Unless your guests know that you're making it, I bet they wouldn't be able to guess. If you don't mind my asking - how much did you end up saving by making it?

HMM well my trip to Micheals was a costly one. I always go there and walk out with a million things. It's horrible. Here's the costing

Thread: had at home would be aprox $5??

Combs: pack of 4 $7

Crytals: $14 ($7 each pack and I only used one pack)

Fabric under $10 uh huh that's right

My time: priceless!

Sherri, I was just gonna ask the same think, lol!! I'm such a horrible sewer!

Melissa you should be proud of your veil, you did a great job, great price, and I'm sure its going to look gorgeous with your dress!