Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
k_8ie

Paying for Reception at Dreams

Recommended Posts

Just wondering....Why are paying for the reception and champagne? Isn't this an ALL Inclusive?

 

Anyone else thinks we're getting ripped off? jerry.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree it is annoying to have to pay extra for an all inclusive but their reasoning is that it takes extra time and staff to set up the reception/dinner and because of that you have to pay extra! At least it can still be cheaper than having a traditional wedding in the states!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some hotels give you a free reception with a certain number of guests or allow you to have a semi-private dinner in one of the hotel restuarants.

 

we had few enough guests that we just had a dinner in a hotel restaurant. it worked out great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this issue with Dreams Cancun and the response I got was it was a diff menu and it took extra waiters and set up etc i personally think its a rip off considering what they will pay the staff but its one of the things you have to suck up if you want to go there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartyt509 View Post
I had this issue with Dreams Cancun and the response I got was it was a diff menu and it took extra waiters and set up etc i personally think its a rip off considering what they will pay the staff but its one of the things you have to suck up if you want to go there
yeah, a few people have said it's the same food on the normal menu. I would prefer getting charged a room rental fee or a waitstaff fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
yeah, a few people have said it's the same food on the normal menu. I would prefer getting charged a room rental fee or a waitstaff fee.
Totally agree lol I've told my lot to get as much drink down their neck as they can because we've bloody paid 2x for it lol no doubt my inlaws will take full advantage!!! gives.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand everyone's feeling about havign to pay more-but think about it...the staff has to devote time just to your group. Also-depending on your package at Dreams you can get 20 people including in the package

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
I can understand everyone's feeling about havign to pay more-but think about it...the staff has to devote time just to your group. Also-depending on your package at Dreams you can get 20 people including in the package
Yeah but the point is you are still paying for it x2 and if you don't have 20 people it is well over the top. I've got no problem paying for extra staff etc but I do have a problem paying for something we have ALL already paid for lol

i've had to explain to the guests that they are NOT paying for their own food at the wedding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly my point HartyT (BTW....LOVE your Avitar)

 

I will try to negotiate....I simply refuse to pay for food and drink at an all inclusive. Of course paying for extra set up and waiters is understandable.

 

Another beef, is that the basic wedding package comes complimentary if you have more than 10 guests or staying in honeymoon suite for 7 days. But the packages that include more, don't seem to take into consideration the first. For example the first package is 795, the second 1500. Shouldn't the second one be 1500 minus the complimentary portion? Meaning you only pay for the extras?

 

Is it me or this doesn't make sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_8ie View Post
This is exactly my point HartyT (BTW....LOVE your Avitar)

I will try to negotiate....I simply refuse to pay for food and drink at an all inclusive. Of course paying for extra set up and waiters is understandable.

Another beef, is that the basic wedding package comes complimentary if you have more than 10 guests or staying in honeymoon suite for 7 days. But the packages that include more, don't seem to take into consideration the first. For example the first package is 795, the second 1500. Shouldn't the second one be 1500 minus the complimentary portion? Meaning you only pay for the extras?

Is it me or this doesn't make sense?

Yeah I know what you mean but I tried arguing about paying for the food but it was a no go - and yes I also know what you mean about the complimentary portion but again that isn't deducted and don't forget none of the packages include your legal fees, ie blood tests, translation of certificates, legalisation etc thats about another $600 for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • What color is your wedding? You can go with warm autumn-inspired colors such as burnt oranges, dark reds, burgundy, bright yellows, like fall foliage   https://printsbery.com/invitations/wedding/burgundy   What planning have you guys done?  
    • We booked our wedding for April 2021 but the venue let us know at this time they are still implementing Covid measures so we should not have more than 50 guests, etc. We also made sure the contract had an "out" clause that would let us get a refund should the pandemic blow up again, or have the ability to reschedule without penalty.
    • I am having my wedding scheduled in November 2020. I am too much worried about how all the things will be managed in this pandemic situation. About everything like the guest list, preparations, my attire and all. The only thing I am relaxed is about finances. In Feb only me and my fiancé applied for the wedding loans. We have applied early because both of us are having bad credit we had a doubt that it will be approved or not. But our wedding loans with bad credit were timely approved and we have planned accordingly but now this pandemic has spoiled all our preparations. We are trying to be positive and trying to celebrate our new beginnings.
    • Welcome. I am a past Dreams Los Cabos bride. Please let us know if we can assist in any way. We have some great promotions (bride and groom fly free, comped rooms and upgrades).    info@wrighttravelagency.com
    • Hi all. My fiance and I are getting married at Dreams Los Cabos in Cabo San Lucas on April, 2021! We've been together for 3 years and we are so excited for our little wedding!  
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...