Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3421 AchiCAp0547

AchiCAp0547
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
    I was just wondering about money cards that people may bring to the wedding. Are any of you having a box that people can drop the envelopes in or are you putting someone in charge of collecting them? If someone is collecting them, how will you let your guests know?
    My MOM told me to walk around with a satchel that was attached to my wrist to collect envelopes in!! HAHAHAHA LOL LOL, she's very old school =) I think if people give envelopes, I will just give them to my mom to hold for me... she can carry around a satchel, I'm not!!!

#3422 AchiCAp0547

AchiCAp0547
    • 112 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by taranyc
      Hi. I've asked a few times what lighting options they have and their cost...they have light columns (whatever they are). Anyhow, I sent another email today asking for pictures and prices. I'm hoping they have something like the photos on the dreams riviera cancun site (Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa) check the last two photos.

I will post their response once I have it.

tt
      Ohhh, the last picture is nice... I bet they charm an arm and a leg for that though =) When I asked Aurora about the lighting, she just told me I should buy those "luminaries". I don't think this should be such a big deal, the resort should have options, I shouldn't be worrying about how people are going to read the menu. Geesh.

Oh and my wedding band came... and the jeweler must have made the WRONG SIZE for me, so now they're fighting me, telling me I have to pay a 10% restocking fee to get another ring. (It's an eternity band, so difficult to size) HAHAHA of course, just another speed bump!

#3423 Amymarie

Amymarie
      • 180 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hi Girls,

I am having my first AHR 2 weeks after the ceremony in Mexico. I would like to show my wedding video along with a slide show for the guests who weren't able to attend. I will also be putting different pictures on each table from the ceremony. So my question is, how long did it take to receive your photos and video from the resort? Also has anyone done a large picture frame with a collage of photos from their wedding, if so can you post pictures? I may try and have people sign the border of the framed collage as a guest book.

Curious what you all think,

Amy

#3424 jmb0902

jmb0902
        • 496 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Amymarie
          Hi Girls,

I am having my first AHR 2 weeks after the ceremony in Mexico. I would like to show my wedding video along with a slide show for the guests who weren't able to attend. I will also be putting different pictures on each table from the ceremony. So my question is, how long did it take to receive your photos and video from the resort? Also has anyone done a large picture frame with a collage of photos from their wedding, if so can you post pictures? I may try and have people sign the border of the framed collage as a guest book.

Curious what you all think,

Amy
          Hey Amy! We actually got our video before we left - we got married on Saturday and we got to pick it up on Tuesday night (the night before we left)... so we didn't have to worry about shipping and all that.

#3425 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by taranyc
            Hi. I've asked a few times what lighting options they have and their cost...they have light columns (whatever they are).
            Go to page 260 (assuming you view at 10 posts per page) and check out the pics of Whamsuzanne's set-up, you will see the light columns

http://bestdestinati..../index260.html

#3426 mandymert

mandymert
            • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

Hay ladies,
              I have been out of the country for a bit and you can even imagine the amount of hair pulling... trying to get Anabel and/or Landy for communications. Didn't help that I had little to no communications as well. Anyways, I am as far as nailing down the date but cant get them to send me a contract...
              Also, found a photographer that I love, but I dont want to sign his contract if they wont allow him to shoot the wedding ect... Any tactics that you all have....
              Thanks.

#3427 Sophie

Sophie
              • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

I guess it's a little late to be posting this, as my wedding is just one month away ().

Username: Sophie
                Names: Sergio and Melanie
                Date & Time: April 6, 2010, 6pm
                Wedding package: Ultimate
                Wedding extras (through the resort): Three flower arrangements for the ceremony gazebo, flowers for the walkway, sound system for the ceremony and the reception, hot pink bows on the chairs at the ceremony and reception, aqua tablecloths, tiki torches
                Outside vendors (cost charged by vendor and any fees charged by the resort): None
                Type of ceremony: Legal
                Coordinator: Aurora
                Number of guests: 15-20
                Ceremony location and time: Beach at 6
                Cocktail hour location and time: Beach from 6:30 - 7:30
                Reception location and time: Beach from 7:30 - 10:30
                Photographer: Resort
                Videographer: Resort
                Review (link): N/a
                Photos (link): N/a
                Video (link): N/a
                Planning thread (link): N/a
                Wedding website (link): Sergio and Melanie's Wedding
                Special arrangements / activities: Group trip to Chichen Itza

#3428 taranyc

taranyc
                • 242 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SunBride
                  Go to page 260 (assuming you view at 10 posts per page) and check out the pics of Whamsuzanne's set-up, you will see the light columns

http://bestdestinati..../index260.html
                  thank you!

#3429 clinicalgal

clinicalgal
                  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Royal_lady10
                    I am getting married June 26th and would like to know if any of the brides getting married around the same time would be interested in leaving some of their decorations behind I will be at the resort on the 23rd. Thanks in advance!!!

I am getting married on June 28th and would like to pose the same question - if anyone wants to share/leave decorations?? Thanks :)
                    June 28th, 2010 was the day!
                    Bride, Groom, & 50 Guests danced the night away!

#3430 L&A2010

L&A2010
                    • 156 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hi everyone! I have been reading this thread for a while and have gotten so much great info to help me with my planning. Reading past brides reviews makes it so much easier to get a picture of what I can expect. I am a little disappointed though as it seems the resort is not as flexible in 2010 as they were for previous years. At least most people seem to continue to be very satisfied with their wedding and experience.
                      Here is my info:
                      Username: L&A2010
                      Names: Ashley & Luis
                      Date & Time: November 1, 2010
                      Wedding package: Ultimate
                      Wedding extras (through the resort): Still unsure
                      Outside vendors (cost charged by vendor and any fees charged by the resort): Possibly using an outside photographer
                      Type of ceremony: Legal
                      Coordinator: Aurora
                      Number of guests: approx 44
                      Ceremony location and time: Beach at 4
                      Cocktail hour location and time: undecided
                      Reception location and time: undecided - poolside?
                      Photographer: I want an outside photographer for wedding and TTD and hope that I can use the resort photographer for something else
                      Videographer: Resort
                      Review (link): N/a
                      Photos (link): N/a
                      Video (link): N/a
                      Planning thread (link): N/a
                      Wedding website (link): working on it
                      Special arrangements / activities: Ruins tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users