Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#3101 jmb0902

jmb0902
  • 496 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:04 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mccrary
    Can any one suggest a photographer they used? I have already received a quote from Elizabeth Medina and have also emailed DelSol and Claudia Rodriquez.

Any one use someone different? If you did do you have photos?
    Hey girl-- just a suggestion but have you looked at photogs in the States? I found that phenomenal photogs in the States cost the same (even with travel, etc.) as some of the people you mentioned above-- and they would even be with you for the rehearsal dinner, wedding, and TTD. I did the same thing at first, but then I branched out to photogs outside of Mexico and I couldn't be happier with my photog =)

#3102 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
    • 342 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mccrary
      Can any one suggest a photographer they used? I have already received a quote from Elizabeth Medina and have also emailed DelSol and Claudia Rodriquez.

Any one use someone different? If you did do you have photos?
      I am using Moments That Matter. I thought their prices were reasonable and they are have been very nice to work with so far.
      ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#3103 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about moments that matter, I'm not using anyone in the area i'm flying down my photographers and they have great pricing and wonderful work and will travel. I'm going to end up having them around for much longer time periods for pictures than if I had hired someone in the RM. Here's links if you want to check them out.

Boroi Photography or
        Welcome to Facebook | Facebook
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3104 taranyc

taranyc
        • 242 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

hi. does the basic wedding setup (chairs, table, walkway) include the thing we stand under? or is that an additional cost?

has anyone asked about floating candles in the pool for the reception?

has anyone gone to the Sam's Club in Playa del Carmen to get supplies (tiki torches, etc)?

#3105 jaynreneewed

jaynreneewed
          • 184 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

Does Dreams offer center pieces to choose from? I know a lot of people bring thier own, but i was wondering if they offer anything. If so do you have to pay extra?

#3106 tkolman773

tkolman773
            • 167 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:16 AM

Hi everyone!

We got back a few days ago from our wedding at Dreams Tulum. We loved every minute of it! Here is my review - I may need help to figure out how to do that fancy link thing.

http://bestdestinati....amazing-53469/

Not sure if that will work but you can give it a try - if not, it's under the review section.

#3107 angruck

angruck
              • 248 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by taranyc
                hi. does the basic wedding setup (chairs, table, walkway) include the thing we stand under? or is that an additional cost?

has anyone asked about floating candles in the pool for the reception?

has anyone gone to the Sam's Club in Playa del Carmen to get supplies (tiki torches, etc)?
                The thing you stand under is included, no additional cost unless you have the free package.

you might not want to buy too much because that is more things you have to get rid of after the wedding. playa del carmen is about 30 minutes away--so not too bad. if you are getting big items like tiki torches you should probably rent a van from the hotel.
                Angela & Chris

#3108 angruck

angruck
                • 248 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jaynreneewed
                  Does Dreams offer center pieces to choose from? I know a lot of people bring thier own, but i was wondering if they offer anything. If so do you have to pay extra?
                  the centerpieces are usually $65 or more per centerpiece. That is why people bring their own, it is cheaper than the flower centerpieces.
                  Angela & Chris

#3109 vlynnw

vlynnw
                  • 6,003 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by tkolman773
                    Hi everyone!

We got back a few days ago from our wedding at Dreams Tulum. We loved every minute of it! Here is my review - I may need help to figure out how to do that fancy link thing.

Not sure if that will work but you can give it a try - if not, it's under the review section.

Your review is great! One question you switched from ultimate to the free package...if you don't mind sharing what did you pay for the set-up fee for the ceremony and what all did you have put up?
                    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3110 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
                    • 342 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by tkolman773
                      Hi everyone!

Great review. Thanks for being so detailed. After reading it though, I am beginning to rethink going with the ultimate package.
                      ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users