Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2081 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

that is nuts $12/bow! I just re-read an email from Natalia and I had asked her about blue tulle for 50 people and for the canopy and she said it would be $200

#2082 freckle

freckle
    • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hello everyone! Does anyone know what kind of beers are served at this resort?

#2083 Blkatz

Blkatz
      • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

they have corona on tap and also had miller lite in the can when we were just there

#2084 Lonna14

Lonna14
        • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

Hi Ladies!
          Okay, so now is almost my one month mark, so I apologize in advance for starting to become annoying, and for asking questions that I should know the answers to and or where to locate them:) sorry sunbride!!

But, can you tell me again how to pay for the wedding when we get there and or any additional services that we will purchase? Credit card? check? cashiers check? I recall that some of you mentioned the exchange rate, etc. For those of you who were just there, or anyone, if you could let me know that would be great!!

Also, I confirmed $5 a bow...that was the price in the 2008-2009 wedding guide I believe.

Also, how did you pay d.j. mannia? and what is an appropriate tip for him?

Thanks!!!
          Lonna

#2085 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Lonna14
            Hi Ladies!
            Okay, so now is almost my one month mark, so I apologize in advance for starting to become annoying, and for asking questions that I should know the answers to and or where to locate them:) sorry sunbride!!

But, can you tell me again how to pay for the wedding when we get there and or any additional services that we will purchase? Credit card? check? cashiers check? I recall that some of you mentioned the exchange rate, etc. For those of you who were just there, or anyone, if you could let me know that would be great!!

Also, I confirmed $5 a bow...that was the price in the 2008-2009 wedding guide I believe.

Thanks!!!
            Lonna
            I know it can be hard to find the info on page 1 as there is so much, here is what I had written there but somebody else can chip in if they have any other info:

---

(11) PAYMENT

Cash, credit card or travelers checks accepted. For credit card payments, your card will be charged in Mexican pesos (i.e. the prices listed in the wedding guide will be converted to Mexican pesos and will be charged to your card this way, your credit card company will charge you a small fee to convert it to your local currency).

----

If you pay cash or travellers cheques, you'll pay in american dollars. This MAY work out to your advantage depending on the exchange rate they use (since converting it twice, once to pesos by them, and then back to american dollars for your credit card, you can loose a few percent with each transaction). Seeing as we don't know the exact exchange rate, it's hard to say. Normally you loose 2% with each transaction (exchanging cash at the bank or charging foreign purchases to your credit card) which would mean 4% but if they are using a poor exchange rate it could end up being like 10%. Anyways, it's really not that big of a deal. I would say pay with whatever you feel most comfortable using.

#2086 Denise L

Denise L
            • 100 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by freckle
              Hello everyone! Does anyone know what kind of beers are served at this resort?
              Corona on tap and cans of Bud and Bud Light when we were there in April

#2087 Blkatz

Blkatz
              • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lonna14
                Hi Ladies!

Thanks!!!
                Lonna
                Lonna-you can pay mannia by cash or travelers checks. We used our credit card to pay for everything at the resort (Amex). They charge you in pesos and your bank will convert it.

#2088 BellaBeachBabe

BellaBeachBabe
                • 59 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

Hi everyone!

I have yet another question about bows!

For those who purchased the bows, did you use the same ones for the chairs at the ceremony and than had them placed on the chairs at the reception, or did you buy two sets for all the chairs?

Thanks!

#2089 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:30 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BellaBeachBabe
                    Hi everyone!

I have yet another question about bows!

For those who purchased the bows, did you use the same ones for the chairs at the ceremony and than had them placed on the chairs at the reception, or did you buy two sets for all the chairs?

Thanks!
                    I'm 99% sure that some past brides have mentioned that their bows were moved from cermeony to reception, because in fact they just move the chairs with the covers and bows on them over to the dinner venue.

#2090 Lonna14

Lonna14
                    • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

Thanks sunbride and Blkatz!!! :)))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users