Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#1081 Melissa24

Melissa24
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Quick questions ladies, for those who used your IPod for music did you need to also rent the speaker system for $150?

#1082 sgbrown

sgbrown
    • 130 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

So I sent an email on December 2nd to Raul, trying to negotiate a 50% discount on room upgrades for my 50+ person group (I know that this is the discount SunBride was offered). This is the email I got back (it's a bit disappointing):

Dear Mrs. Brown:

Greetings from Dreams Tulum!!!

It will be a pleasure to assist you about the up grade, sincerely we do not offer a 50% off for groups, subject to availability we offer a special rate according to how many up grade will be.

The up grade for May from Deluxe garden to Dreams Suite Garden is USD$60.00 per night. We appreciate to let me know how many rooms are interested in order to offer them a special rate.

Happy Holidays

Karina Ramos
      Gerente de Reservaciones / Reservations Manager
      Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
      Tel.: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.33, Fax: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.57
      reservaciones@dreamstulum.com.mx
      Dreams Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury

Any advice on how to write them back? I know they offer 50% off discounts!

#1083 sgbrown

sgbrown
      • 130 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

Oh, and they just wrote me back yesterday, so it took about 3 weeks for a response.

#1084 SunBride

SunBride
        • 1,499 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:33 PM

aw, that sucks that they aren't offering half price upgrades anymore! I don't really know what you should say to try to convince them, other than saying that other brides have been offered that special price.

#1085 sdtooley

sdtooley
          • 109 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:16 AM

sjbrown,
            Sorry about the bad news about the upgrades. Maybe if you take Sunbrides advice and tell them about other brides that they have done that for then they will change their mind. I completely understand the frustration of them not contacting you for several weeks. My travel agent has been waiting for a response from the group bookings dept. for several weeks and finally heard from them just the other day. My FH finally called the resort a few days ago to find out about our contract and they said that one person in their dept. is no longer working there and it is taking them a while to backtrack and get everything straight.
            I hope that everything works out for you and just remain persistent

#1086 jennyatk

jennyatk
            • 53 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

aww that does suck. My FI and I decided we need to make sure we get down there a day before all of our guests arrive. We don't have many. With him and I were about 19. I was trying to decide if I should email ahead and find out the odds of us getting upgrades or just take my chances when we get down there? I guess if they know your wanting to upgrade maybe they figure they will get more money out of the situation. If you wait they might offer it at less?? Hoping to make a little extra money even at 50% off. I don't know? I guess Maybe I will just wait and take my chances
              So I sent an email on December 2nd to Raul, trying to negotiate a 50% discount on room upgrades for my 50+ person group (I know that this is the discount SunBride was offered). This is the email I got back (it's a bit disappointing):

Dear Mrs. Brown:

Greetings from Dreams Tulum!!!

It will be a pleasure to assist you about the up grade, sincerely we do not offer a 50% off for groups, subject to availability we offer a special rate according to how many up grade will be.

The up grade for May from Deluxe garden to Dreams Suite Garden is USD$60.00 per night. We appreciate to let me know how many rooms are interested in order to offer them a special rate.

Happy Holidays

Karina Ramos
              Gerente de Reservaciones / Reservations Manager
              Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
              Tel.: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.33, Fax: 011(52) 984 - 8.71.33.57
              reservaciones@dreamstulum.com.mx
              Dreams Resorts & Spas: Unlimited Luxury

Any advice on how to write them back? I know they offer 50% off discounts!

#1087 Blkatz

Blkatz
              • 1,025 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

the reason they are taking a really long time to get back to everyone right now is because this is their high season-when I was there on Tuesday they told me that they were at 93% capacity. I met with Anabel and she was great and she totally knew everything about my date and my plans. I wouldnt worry about Lizet-I know that they also have a Natalia also helping out.
                Why dont you try to call/email one of the concierge's there and ask about upgrades for the wedding. I cant imagine them being at 93% capacity then.

#1088 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
                • 342 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:22 PM

Hi ladies,

I am hoping to use Claudia Rodriguez as my photographer. I know some of you have used her. Any reviews on her and her work would be appreciated. I just want to make sure that I am getting quality work from her. Also, how long did you book her for? I am thinking 5 hours (getting ready, ceremony, post-ceremony and part of the reception??).

Also, I am waiting to here back from Anabel or one of the other coordinators about finalizing my wedding date!! Hopefully I won't have to wait a month for a reply...lol
                  ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#1089 sdtooley

sdtooley
                  • 109 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

I am also looking at using Claudia and I have only heard wonderful things about her. I am actually discussing photographers with my dad in the morning and she is one of the top on my list. her prices seem very reasonable and her work looks I amazing. I would love to hear from others about her work and also about juan carlos and Zasil studios

#1090 rachelannmartin

rachelannmartin
                    • 192 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

Hey Beth,

Quick question hun, I know you said that the massage hut could hold around 20 guests. Just wondering where is in on the resort map, if you got a sense of the size and if there was electricity?

Thanks chica....4 months and 3 days for ya?!? We're all getting soooooo close!

Neen is almost at 3 weeks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users