Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri View Post
Samuel is shooting my wedding on the 25th!! I can't wait; he seems awesome!!
Hey Cheri- did you get Samuel a full day pass or a 1/2 day pass? Do we include him in the dinner? If so, where do I sit him to eat?
(Or do I just tell him I bought his day pass and go over to the buffet if he's hungry!! HAHAHA LOL IM JUST KIDDING)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great new info ladies!Thanks!! My time is getting ever so close and I feel I still have much to do! I can't wait for our BIG day and experience!! Getting super stressed & excited! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STUPID QUESTION- Aurora told me she loves the color black and NYC. She's helped me so much, I want to get her a tee shirt that says "I LOVE NY" in black... but I have no idea what size she is. Has anyone on here met Aurora before? What size do you think she'd be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
Hey Cheri- did you get Samuel a full day pass or a 1/2 day pass? Do we include him in the dinner? If so, where do I sit him to eat?
(Or do I just tell him I bought his day pass and go over to the buffet if he's hungry!! HAHAHA LOL IM JUST KIDDING)
Hey AchiCA0547! I am actually paying for Samuel to stay at the resort overnight as part of the package so I won't need a day pass. Sorry I can't help with that one, but I would say a full-day pass just to make sure he is there to catch everything you want shot. I've read reviews where they actually don't even charge for day passes, but I guess it depends who's running the front desk. And, yes, I was planning on buying him dinner too even though it will cost a small fortune:-) I'm hoping a happy photographer makes a great photographer!!! Pictures are SOOO important to me; that's one area I'm not skimping on! See you there!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
STUPID QUESTION- Aurora told me she loves the color black and NYC. She's helped me so much, I want to get her a tee shirt that says "I LOVE NY" in black... but I have no idea what size she is. Has anyone on here met Aurora before? What size do you think she'd be?
I met Aurora during our site visit. I think she could be a small but would suggest a medium to be on the safe side. I'm glad to hear that she's been helpful. I haven't had too much interaction with her yet since my wedding is still 9 months away. She was really patient and helpful during our site visit so hopefully, she'll be just as helpful when we come close to our wedding date and plan on the details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MaxandKatie thank you so much for an update. I am floored at how helpful this site is that even after your wedding is over you come back and help us out - so nice!smile03.gif

I am interested in doing the ruins and snorkeling with my guests. I noticed that you can book online before you get there, but I think remember reading somewhere in this thread that it might be cheaper to book through the hotel or pay at the gate once you are there. Do you have any recommendations on this? I am looking for the cheapest option. Also, did you guys do a guided tour? If so, is that worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri View Post
Hey AchiCA0547! I am actually paying for Samuel to stay at the resort overnight as part of the package so I won't need a day pass. Sorry I can't help with that one, but I would say a full-day pass just to make sure he is there to catch everything you want shot. I've read reviews where they actually don't even charge for day passes, but I guess it depends who's running the front desk. And, yes, I was planning on buying him dinner too even though it will cost a small fortune:-) I'm hoping a happy photographer makes a great photographer!!! Pictures are SOOO important to me; that's one area I'm not skimping on! See you there!!
Awesome Cheri, thanks. I asked Aurora and she told me 1/2 day pass because he's coming 230-930... hopefully there is a nice person at the front desk who won't charge lol.
Okay, I will get him a dinner too. Where are you sitting him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourvm View Post
I met Aurora during our site visit. I think she could be a small but would suggest a medium to be on the safe side. I'm glad to hear that she's been helpful. I haven't had too much interaction with her yet since my wedding is still 9 months away.
THANK YOU!!! I will get her a medium. Yes Aurora has been awesome for me to work with. Very responsive. I have read on here that she may be the WC assistant, and when we get there a different WC helps with the wedding? Either way, Aurora has already been a pleasure to work with =) I have asked tons and tons of questions, I'm sure she thinks I'm annoying at this point hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourvm View Post
She was really patient and helpful during our site visit so hopefully, she'll be just as helpful when we come close to our wedding date and plan on the details.
I'm sorry, I should have asked this in my last post....
When you went for your site visit, could you possibly tell me some information on what the "relaxed pool" looks like? I've read some things on this site, but still do not have a good feel for what/where that pool is. Our reception is going to be at the relaxed pool, so I want to make sure there is going to be enough lighting for a 6p-9p reception. And is it terribly far from the Bar? At our receptions, how do we get our drinks? Are there waiters that go to the bar for us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×