Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetvixen View Post
Hi All-

A simple question...
I'm ready to put down the deposit at Dream Tulum for our wedding on June 5, 2010. I've been communicating with Aurora, but I'm not sure if I'm suppposed to fax or email the forms she's requesting? Does anyone know? Apparently I'm suuposed to scan our credit card and IDs but I don't know the appropriate way to get that info to her.

Thanks in advance :)
Hi!

It seems like we are having our wedding the same day!! Have you already sent off your request for the date yet?

Congrats!

See you there!!


Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMGosh! I'm getting so excited! We are so close I can't stand it. LOL

 

We've had almost everyone cancel their plans to join us but we are still up for going and we are happy about the people who are coming with us. It will be Ken and I, our 5 kids, and 5 family members and our photographer (BDW Misti Abner - yea!) so 13 total.

 

With so few of us I've decided to take the free package (we have the required 5 rooms booked) so I'm a bit confused about what our options are for our reception but I'm sure whatever we end up with will be wonderful. I'm hoping for either the dolphin pool or the adult pool ... but I'm not sure if they'll set us up there for so few of us (I don't want to pay $750 for this and I'm not clear on this).

 

I'm bring my own artificial flowers for bouquets and such and my own chair decor ... so it makes the most financial sense to pay for my hair and makeup and any other extras.

 

I'm just so excited ... we leave on the 26th and come back July 2nd (married on the 30th) ... and I'll give my review when we return.

 

Thanks again to everyone for all of their help! I literally wouldn't have done it without all of the support. *huGs* Suzanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to ask ... how much money is an appropriate tip for the wedding coordinator? How about others? I just want to make sure we're tipping an amount that is ... enough to let them know we appreciate them. I know it's up to each person ... I'd just like to hear from others what they've done or what they plan on doing. Thanks! *SmiLes* Suzanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmsuzanne View Post
OMGosh! I'm getting so excited! We are so close I can't stand it. LOL

We've had almost everyone cancel their plans to join us but we are still up for going and we are happy about the people who are coming with us. It will be Ken and I, our 5 kids, and 5 family members and our photographer (BDW Misti Abner - yea!) so 13 total.

With so few of us I've decided to take the free package (we have the required 5 rooms booked) so I'm a bit confused about what our options are for our reception but I'm sure whatever we end up with will be wonderful. I'm hoping for either the dolphin pool or the adult pool ... but I'm not sure if they'll set us up there for so few of us (I don't want to pay $750 for this and I'm not clear on this).

I'm bring my own artificial flowers for bouquets and such and my own chair decor ... so it makes the most financial sense to pay for my hair and makeup and any other extras.

I'm just so excited ... we leave on the 26th and come back July 2nd (married on the 30th) ... and I'll give my review when we return.

Thanks again to everyone for all of their help! I literally wouldn't have done it without all of the support. *huGs* Suzanne

We did the free package also because it was only 6 of us. I paid for my hair and makeup and I think it came to either $60 or $80. They give you 15% off spa packages. I dont think you will need to pay the $750 fee-when you meet with Natalia she will ask you where you want to have dinner and she will take care of it for you. Also, the cake that is included in the package was AMAZING. Seriously, my friends could not get over how yummy it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmsuzanne View Post
I forgot to ask ... how much money is an appropriate tip for the wedding coordinator? How about others? I just want to make sure we're tipping an amount that is ... enough to let them know we appreciate them. I know it's up to each person ... I'd just like to hear from others what they've done or what they plan on doing. Thanks! *SmiLes* Suzanne
This is a great question and I never would have thought to ask!!! Thanks for sharing-- I guess thats why they have such a valuable website, huh!? Anyway, I second the question above....what is an appropriate tip for the wedding planner? And outside photographer? And people at the spa?? Thank you!!!!


SO SOON I CAN'T WAIT!!smile29.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
This is a great question and I never would have thought to ask!!! Thanks for sharing-- I guess thats why they have such a valuable website, huh!? Anyway, I second the question above....what is an appropriate tip for the wedding planner? And outside photographer? And people at the spa?? Thank you!!!!


SO SOON I CAN'T WAIT!!smile29.gif
I gave the woman who did my hair/makeup $20-my photoographer I gave a lot to-I thinkI winded up giving Erik Rodriguez $200 because he was so amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My parents gave Landy $100 at the end of the night and tipped our servers. Someone else had previously asked about tipping DJ Mannia and I think we gave him $50, I wasn't sure if this was good or not, but at that time of the evening I had too many tequila boom booms to be thinking clearly :) I hope this helps! As a wedding coordinator myself tips are greatly appreciated, most people don't realize how hard coordinators work and we don't get paid overtime or to work the events into the late hours. Landy was wonderful and went above and beyond. I hope this helps!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
This is a great question and I never would have thought to ask!!! Thanks for sharing-- I guess thats why they have such a valuable website, huh!? Anyway, I second the question above....what is an appropriate tip for the wedding planner? And outside photographer? And people at the spa?? Thank you!!!!

 

 

SO SOON I CAN'T WAIT!!smile29.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanti View Post
Thanks for the great advice on tipping!!!
We're leaving in 10 days and will be married in 18!!! I'm getting soooooo excited!!!!
Hey Chanti ... I can't wait! Hope we stay in touch and hook up for a drink (or two ... or LOL). I do wish I'd quit eating crap though! All that work and I now I'm freaking out and eating.

Did I see someone talking about needing receipts for the things we're bring with us for the wedding to get through customs? What's that mean? Help! LOL *SmiLes* Suzanne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×