SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Hi Rachel,

I left the next day after my wedding as well. We got the DVD mailed to us about a month later. You could probably ask to have that done more quickly. I think if you stay at the resort a few more days, they give it to you in person so I dont see why they couldnt mail it to you sooner. BTW i was VERY happy with what the videographer did for us. GOOD LUCK!

Hey Guys,

I need to get in touch with Teesha from Canada...I noticed that she is getting married the day before me and wondering who she is using for a photographerhuh.gif?

Thanks!!

Thanks for your help Blkatz. I am also wondering in the wedding guide it says that music and dancing is only allowed for private events or at the ballroom. What does this meanhuh.gif If I have my reception on the beach does that mean that we can't have music?? What about the other locations like the Dolphins Pool Terrace or the Patio Terrace. These last 2 would be my first choice since they are free...but I definitely need to have music!!!

you can basically ignore what the guide says about music - you can have music wherever you hold your reception, they don't hold to the rule in the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelannmartin View Post
Hey Beth we were thinking the same thing - beach ceremony and then patio or beach for reception. I'm just wondering if the beach will be to cool and the patio too exposed. I'm hoping Janine will be able to shed some light when she comes back. We're getting down to crunch time EEE!
i tried to post about this yesterday but lost my internet connection before it went through. anyway, first off, don't worry about 3 weddings in one day. there were three on my day...SBlake at 3pm, me at 4pm (we started late 4:15) and another at 5:30 all at the same location and everything was fine. The changeovers were quick and perfect. I didn't see the other brides at all except later in the evening when we were all out and about taking photos on the beach and around the resort. I couldn't have cared less, though FI did say he didn't like seeing other B&Gs on our day so we just changed direction if we saw them as we were walking to spots to take pics (that sounds bad, but it wasn't, i just mean, we didn't walk right by them, we'd detour around them). the three receptions were on the beach by El Patio, in the SG, and, well, I don't even know where the third one was, so needless to say they were all very separate, no overlap, couldn't even see or hear them! so no worries there.

as for the patio vs the beach vs the terraces...resort guests have pretty much deserted these areas by sunset so each would be sufficiently private for your reception and all can be decorated beautifully. we had a GORGEOUS day for our wedding with very little wind so all of these locations were great, not too exposed to the elements (or other people) and the weather was in the 60s at night so not too cool either. plus, once you get your dancing on, you'll be so hot it won't matter!

hope this helps :) we're off to go scuba diving!

Thanks Neen you've made me feel a lot better!! IT's been very hectic for us...originally we were going to get married at a private beach club and now that's changed beucase the pricing went up significalntly so now I am racing to get the paperworks into Natalia by the end of the day to guarantee our spot on the 10th!!!!!

also just wondering if we book the dreams of love wedding package...it is possible if over the next few weeks we decide to change out mind and upgrade to the Ultimate package is this possiblehuh.gif

Oh my Amy- I think I must have been hiding under a rock lately becasue I just noticed that your pics are up and they are Super Fabulous!!!!! You all looked like you were having the time of your lives. smile03.gif

I just love the sunset pics Claudia took of you two and your set up in the SSG is super cute. All of your little details definatlely paid off and look fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy706 View Post
Hi Rachel,

I left the next day after my wedding as well. We got the DVD mailed to us about a month later. You could probably ask to have that done more quickly. I think if you stay at the resort a few more days, they give it to you in person so I dont see why they couldnt mail it to you sooner. BTW i was VERY happy with what the videographer did for us. GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise L View Post
also just wondering if we book the dreams of love wedding package...it is possible if over the next few weeks we decide to change out mind and upgrade to the Ultimate package is this possiblehuh.gif

Hi Denise & welcome!

I'm guessing here but I imagine you can change your package at anytime prior to your first meeting with the WC when you arrive at the resort (although I don't know that to be fact).

I personally managed to change a couple of things the day of my wedding including asking for the Mariachi band that day. The resort is very accomodating to wedding parties and they definately go above and beyond to make sure that you get everything you want.

Hope this helps