Photo

Questions on invitation envelopes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:24 PM

I'm printing up my envelopes and I'm wondering how you guys addressed the guest of your invitee. I only know their guest's first name. Should I put:

1) Joe Shmoe & Jenny

or

2) Joe Shmoe & Guest

or

3) go crazy trying to find out this person's last name

#2 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

I put Joe Shmoe & guest. That way they know they can bring a guest, but it doesn't have to be the guest you listed.

#3 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

Why dont you call the person and ask for the last name. Or if it is a new boyfreind/girlfreind I think it is ok to put guest. But if they have been together I would try to find out the last name.
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
        • 1,209 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

Oh ths shame... Etiquette-wise, you're really supposed to write their full names on the invitation if they live together or are married. But, we're not that etiquette obsessed, are we?

I just, in a mad rush, decided to put +guest on a couple of my invites. Woopte doo!

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

what if I've only met the guest 2x and they don't live together?

#6 Christi

Christi
            • 1,905 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:58 PM

we addressed the envelopes of our single friends in their name only, even if they were dating someone (unless it was long-term), but told them that they were more than welcome to bring a date.

#7 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
              • 1,209 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JennyK
                what if I've only met the guest 2x and they don't live together?
                How long have they been together? If it's really serious, maybe you should just call your friend to get the name.
                If it's just been a few months, don't worry about it :)

#8 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

ok, I'm just trying to do the right thing over here..

btw now i'm mad! I was going to send my cousin a myspace message asking what her boyfriend's last name was and she deleted me off her myspace! I didn't even notice til now! I knew she was upset that I asked her sister to be in my wedding (who backed out bc she didn't want her sister to be upset) but you don't delete someone off myspace unless it's serious lmao now i'm mad lol lol

#9 NewOrleansbride

NewOrleansbride
                  • 358 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:18 PM

These site really helped me navigate through the "etiquette of addressing"

The Knot - Wedding Invitations: Addressing Them

Q: What Are The Correct Titles To Use When Addressing Envelopes? - Wedding Article from WeddingChannel.com
                    -Rachel

#10 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
                    • 1,209 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:22 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JennyK
                      ok, I'm just trying to do the right thing over here..

btw now i'm mad! I was going to send my cousin a myspace message asking what her boyfriend's last name was and she deleted me off her myspace! I didn't even notice til now! I knew she was upset that I asked her sister to be in my wedding (who backed out bc she didn't want her sister to be upset) but you don't delete someone off myspace unless it's serious lmao now i'm mad lol lol
                      Ouch! That's rude!
                      I don't know why people don't understand that we have closer relationships with some people, even if they are sisters and brothers of others... grrrr...

You can only do what you can do. Your intentions are good. Don't get too upset about it all. Just write "and guest" and stick 'em in the mail. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users