Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#2381 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Congrats Jessica and glad to hear your thoughts! :)... I agree with Jannae though, lets see some pics :)

Dana- I am not sure either... Now that you mention it, it sounds very similar to our situation. So once we start looking more, I will let you know if we find any specific good stores.

#2382 samira26

samira26
    • 126 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

Dana, I took my mother in law shopping yesterday. we went to macys, she is a size 22 and we found lots of stuff. But looks like you didn't have much luck there.

Have u tried JJill? but i think anything over a size 18 you will need to order online.
      Married June 5th 2010 at Riu Palace Riviera Maya

#2383 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
      • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:05 AM

I got my TTD proof pics today- I got my 2nd dress choice made as a knockoff for the TTD- not AT ALL perfect- but I emailed gianini with my concerns. But as FI said, it's something that I will literally wear for an hour- it's fine!
        Click the image to open in full size.
        Married to my BEST FRIEND!
        July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
        Non-Pro Pics:
        http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
        Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#2384 dana

dana
        • 285 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

Jannae-There isn't Wifi in the rooms only in the lobby!

Samira-Thanks, maybe I'll try another Macy's to see if they have a better selection. We walked by a JJill, but I had never been in one and didn't want to drag her in there if they didn't have women's sizes. I'll check online!

Jen-Thanks, let me know if you find anything good.

#2385 Paige2010

Paige2010
          • 208 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

OMG Kimmy I am loving your review! I have already laughed out loud & all the info is amazing!

#2386 Paige2010

Paige2010
            • 208 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Jannae I loove that TTD dress- soo perfect! It makes me want to find one- I had thought about just wearing my actual dress but I do have some reservations about ruining it.
              Jessica That restaurant sounds great- would it be able to accommodate 60 ppl on the roof and would you mind sharing how much I could expect to pay?
              Also, is the going rate for Mariachi band around $570- I think thats what Riu wedding website says- or is this up for negotiation at all?
              and does anyone have a recommendation bt the Mariachi band or Mexican Trio for a cocktail hour?

#2387 LadyTrunck

LadyTrunck
              • 1,114 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for the info Dana! Poor FI is sad. I keep telling him that we’ll rarely be in the room- but I think he gets self imposed anxiety when he’s without internet!!

Thanks Paige! Yeah, I decided to get a second dress for TTD because I want to try and sell my dress when we get back for our honeymoon fund. I have heard over and over that the session actually makes your dress cleaner, etc- but mine has a ton of beading and lace that I feel is very delicate- I didn’t want to risk it! It was also a way for me to have my cake and eat it too by getting both dresses that I loved (in a way).
                Married to my BEST FRIEND!
                July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
                Non-Pro Pics:
                http://bestdestinati....ro-pics-61751/
                Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#2388 Nicyx

Nicyx
                • 2,914 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

Ok ladies... My latest dilema has been shoes and after hours of trawling threads on here and anywhere online i think i have found the perfect pair... thanks to a lovely helpful lady on BDW called KarenM :-)

I love these, i will have to watch though as i cant find em in my size... but im not panicking as i have a good 12 months yet before our wedding.

What do you think?

LadyTrunck, I love your TTD Dress :-) its lovely x

dana, I hope you find something soon for your FMIL, im sure she will find something she will look fab in :-) Sorry i cant help with suggestions.

xoxox

#2389 samira26

samira26
                  • 126 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Jannae - I really like your TTD dress.

Nicola - Your sandals are very cute! I ended up getting high heels, esp cos I am 5 '2 and FI is 6 '2
                    Married June 5th 2010 at Riu Palace Riviera Maya

#2390 Nicyx

Nicyx
                    • 2,914 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

samira26... I was looking at high heels to begin with but as im going barefoot for the beach ceremony, this would cause problems with dress length, it would be too long for ceremony or too short for reception etc, so i needed a happy medium.... I think these will be perfect :-)

Glad you like

xox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users