• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#1191 jetsbride

jetsbride
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JOSIE
    i agree, i LOVE that i get to hear what they are telling you too! Seriously first they told me botofogo could hold 60, then they just sent me that about 55. wtf!? I am under the impression that if you choose chilis to being with there is no extra fee to upgrade.....as far as i know anyway!
    I am going to check next time I send an email to Ael if there is a cost if you are already at Chilis...hopefully we will get some straight answers soon!!

#1192 KimmyG

KimmyG
    • 520 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JOSIE
      Kimmy! I was told that if you want equiment to play your ipod its the same price as the DJ....they charge you for the DJ either way because you'd need his equipment to play your ipod. So you're looking at $1700 to play your ipod!

GAY!
      Shut up, that is WHACK!!! I had noooo idea, I thought iPod was the cheapy way to go. Hot damn!

#1193 KimmyG

KimmyG
      • 520 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

I'd considered buying a BOSE stereo system to bring down with us. It's pricey but at least you'd get to keep it at the end. Does anyone know if they get loud enough to fill a dinner-party room?

#1194 jetsbride

jetsbride
        • 794 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

I think that if you want it private you have to have the DJ but I am checking that with Ael in an email. I will let you know her response. We were planning the ipod and bose thing also but I don't think it's allowed.

#1195 JOSIE

JOSIE
          • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KimmyG
            Josie and Lisa-

Ael says: "bare in mind that this can change if your group increases dramatically"

I don't consider an increase from 50 to 55 guests, or 55 to 60 guests as a "dramatic increase." I'm pretty sure they'd squeeze in a few extra chairs and accomodate you without additional cost.
            If you're concerned, just go with Chilis and forgettaboutit! I liked BotoFogo b/c they say it's more elegant, but i'd take stress-free over elegant any day. Besides, you can't go wrong with Steak and Lobster as your wedding dinner :-)
            I totally agree with you....if we are close to 60 it should be fine, but I know myself and I probably won't want to risk it in the end...the last thing i need my wedding day or a few days before is to be told i am over the limit and have to pay MORE! F-that! I liked bogofoto a little better, but I'll get over it. lol

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KimmyG
            I'd considered buying a BOSE stereo system to bring down with us. It's pricey but at least you'd get to keep it at the end. Does anyone know if they get loud enough to fill a dinner-party room?
            I think it does! My grandma has one and it gets pretty damn loud- i agree with lisa though i think the private dinner includes a DJ.....but you could do a semi private dinner and bring your bose system and just play it on the beach or by the pool.......what are they gonna do
            I think that if you want it private you have to have the DJ but I am checking that with Ael in an email. I will let you know her response. We were planning the ipod and bose thing also but I don't think it's allowed.
            Thanks Lisa, Keep up posted! I emailed her twice (once yesterday, once today) and havent heard back and its killing me!!!!!! I really want to know the ACTUAL price of the disco!

#1196 jetsbride

jetsbride
            • 794 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

Josie - I was just going to ask you if you had heard back from Ael, I emailed her yesterday and today too and I haven't got any response. before this she had been responding very quickly...whats up with that?
              So are you going to have your private dinner at Chili's then?

#1197 JOSIE

JOSIE
              • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

Probably. I asked her for pics of the set-up cuz she sent me some of bogofoto. I wanted to see Chilis before I confirmed and then probably yes. I hope she responds soon!

#1198 jetsbride

jetsbride
                • 794 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

oh, could you send me the photos of BotaFogo, she never sent them to me. And then of Chili's when you get them too. Please and thanks!! trasklisa@hotmail.com

#1199 JOSIE

JOSIE
                  • 1,792 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

I know the other girls will want to see.....so here you go! The following are pics of BogoFoto set up:

here is the set up for the FULL open bar that is 9/pp extra
                    Click the image to open in full size.

heres a pic of a table?

heres the last pic i was shown which is all the tables set up:

#1200 jetsbride

jetsbride
                    • 794 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

Thanks Josie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users