what to wear under the dress?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

I made my 1st alterations appt today and I neeed "everything you will wear under the dress"

well, so far it's just me under that dress! I don't have anything. And of course I have questions!

Do you wear a "slip" of sorts under a wedding dress?

Cups versus bra sewn into the dress. Would love feedback from anyone who's had either. I would prefer cups, but not sure it's enough support. Not that the girls are huge, but they need support. Do cups provide support?

Help!

Oh, and if you have cute wedding undies I'd like to see them! (does that sound wrong?! ha!)

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:51 PM

the lady at the bridal place sold me my slip. i wore my favorite undies - leopard print from cacique!!!! that old!!!!!! they were my something old
      i had cups sewn in. i didn't want something extra to have to yank up every 2 minutes. i brought a strapless to the fitting, and then the alteration lady was able to determine whether or not to sew in cups.

#3 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

I will get cups sewn in.. I just don't want to be fiddling with extra stuff all night.. heh.

Also, I'll be wearing either a natural or white thong from La Senza (canadian version of VS) that doesn't show ANY lines.. it's awesome.. :)

#4 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

i had so many layers, i could have worn black tights underneath and no one would ever see.

#5 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lauren c.
            i had so many layers, i could have worn black tights underneath and no one would ever see.
            LOL, that is how it will be for me.

#6 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
            • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

hmmm, I havent thought about these "cups", dont even know exactly what that is...dont mean to sound ignorant. I need to start thinking about this actually, since the girls do need some support

Besides that I plan to wear spanx underneath.

#7 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

cups, from my previous experience with them... which was 10 years ago! are just like the cups of a bra, but no underwire.

10 years ago I had NO boobs to speak of, so cups were fine. But now that I have finally grown some boobs, I'm not sure that it will be enough support.

#8 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:38 PM

i'm a 34d and i just had cups sewn in. your seamstress/alterations person will be able to help, just bring a strapless w/ you.

#9 tvt

tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lauren c.
                    i'm a 34d and i just had cups sewn in. your seamstress/alterations person will be able to help, just bring a strapless w/ you.
                    so I'm assuming the cups kept everything where it should be and supported?

#10 -Kate-

-Kate-
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,676 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

I had sewn in cups - worked like a charm. Also - don't forget the Spanx if you are going that route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users