History Of BDW Forum

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Celina

• Banned
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

Me too. I always wondered how it all started. I know since I joined even in the last 6 months there have been a TON of new members.

Tammy - you are a saint. This forum has been a godsend to so many people. From the bottom of my heart I thank you!
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#32 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

I'm really thankful for this forum. My only regret is that i didn't find it sooner. It's saved me from many hissy fits.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#33 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:17 AM

i answered below

Originally Posted by Infinity22
      I have a few questions of my own regarding the boards history. Tammy (or any other moderator), can you tell me what software the forum started out using and what purchases have you made since then? the forum currently runs on vbulletin but started out as a mxboard forum when it was just cabo...when i changed the software to vbulleting some of the original members made a stink but i think in the long run this software was a better choice

Also, does anyone know many men we have within this community? we have had about a dozen grooms on the forum...more than you think because they do not always "out" themselves as being the groom

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Tammy Wright for creating this great community! It's a lot different from the other forum boards I've been involved with. Maybe one of the reasons for that is that it's full of sweet understand women who don't jump on you the first chance they get like a lot of men would! This stress free and inviting environment saved me a ton of time with resort referrals, photographer referrals, and personal member testimonies. I really don't know what I would have done without it! awww...thanks...i've always said it was the members that make this palce so great and our awesome mod squad...i just run the technical stuff (well more like i tell my husband what i need done)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#34 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sarah
        You're welcome! I think it's a pretty nice place too. That's why us mods are such sticklers for the rules :)
        Well said, Sarah! It's hard work keeping this forum free of spam and anoying vendors, while also allowing vendors to participate. Good work, ladies!

Originally Posted by TA Lindsay
        I was almost one of the first Las Caletas Brides (I can't remember - I know there was Alli and Maura before me, but I think I was almost one of the first! - Ann would know better!)
        I'm sure you were one of the originals. I was the first Caletas bride, and the first Puerto Vallarta bride, with Amy right there with me. It was just a bunch of crazy Cabo brides when I found this forum!

I also wanted to point out that Tammy (host) runs this forum with money out of her own pocket. It has gotten so big, she's had to upgrade several times, and pay for more technical support. YAY for Tammy!

#35 Infinity22

• 1,520 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnR
          I also wanted to point out that Tammy (host) runs this forum with money out of her own pocket. It has gotten so big, she's had to upgrade several times, and pay for more technical support. YAY for Tammy!
          In reference to Ann pointing this out, do you think investing in this forum has been a financial investment for you?

#36 NABUMBAH

• VIP Member
          • 931 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:20 PM

I was on the original forum! I seldom make it on here now... but I was an active planner back in the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users