Photo

History Of BDW Forum

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Christi

Christi
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

I'm curious about the history of the forum...how it got started, etc...it's such a great site...anyone?

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

Best Destination Wedding Forum - Announcements in Forum : Forum News & Updates

the forum (as it is now) has been around since 2006 and was started by Tammy Wright, who is now a travel agent (check her agency out at Wright Travel Agency - she is the TA to many BDW brides and she's totally fantastic!) and was also a destination bride who got married at Dreams in Cabo.

here's her wedding review, she's the ORIGINAL BDW bride!
    http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t7845

and here's a link to her beautiful photos:
    http://www.juancarlo...teve/index.html

the forum used to be just for Cabo (see here: http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t793 and here: Best Destination Wedding), but she expanded it to encompass many other destinations to help other brides.

#3 Christi

Christi
    • 1,905 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

great...thanks for the info!

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:51 PM

When Tammy originally started this forum, she wasn't actually even a travel agent yet. She started it with a few other girls that she'd met on another forum that wanted a better, more informative place to discuss their destination weddings. There were only a handful of girls in the beginning- like 10 or so, but it quickly outgrew the old forum and branched out to be more than just Cabo. I think when I joined in summer '06 there were still only like 50ish members. It's amazing how much this has grown in 2 years!

#5 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

How many official members are there now? I know not everyone is active so it makes it hard to tell. I can probably list 50 names off the top of my head! LOL

#6 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

If you go to the front page of the forum, and scroll down almost all the way to the bottom it lists forum statistics. Here's what I just copy/pasted :

Best Destination Wedding Forum Statistics
            Threads: 21,271, Posts: 406,462, Members: 5,457, Active Members: 1,836
            Welcome to our newest member, Danniellou

#7 Christi

Christi
            • 1,905 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sarah
              When Tammy originally started this forum, she wasn't actually even a travel agent yet. She started it with a few other girls that she'd met on another forum that wanted a better, more informative place to discuss their destination weddings. There were only a handful of girls in the beginning- like 10 or so, but it quickly outgrew the old forum and branched out to be more than just Cabo. I think when I joined in summer '06 there were still only like 50ish members. It's amazing how much this has grown in 2 years!
              Wow, it's hard to believe that it's only been around for two years...it's so well run......thank you for the info...i just love knowing the history of things...

#8 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

You're welcome! I think it's a pretty nice place too. That's why us mods are such sticklers for the rules :)

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

this forum has really grown...i tell this story but i remember when there were about 5 members but everyone was too shy to post so i was the only one posting and responding to myself like a crazy person.

the reason this forum is so great is because everyone is so supportive of each other and we have a fantastic team of moderators keeping spammers out.

we also have an amazing team travel agents on here that have been so knowledgeable about travel regulations, rates, resort reviews. etc.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 Kelly C

Kelly C
                • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

Tammy I thank you sooooooooo much. With out this i probably would have lost my mind already and killed my FI.
                  Thank you thank you
                  Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users