Photo

Do We need to have a reception at home after?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

One of the reasons me and my FI decided to go destination style was to save some cash. we are inviting everyone to Mexico to witness we say our vows. We are also having a formal reception after. Do we need to still have a reception at home for those who couldnt attend? I really dont have much dough left. even a BBQ for 125+ people would be costly.
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:39 PM

I don't think you have too, no. I had a cousin who had a DW and didn't have a AHR. However, I was recently in a DW, and they are having their AHR here as well. It's preference really. Good luck with whatever you decide!! ;o)

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

you don't have to have a ahr. i'm not doing one.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

Do whatever you want. Keep in mind that you don't have to have something right away either. You can have an AHR months later.

#5 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

we did not have an ahr. if people wanted to see us get married, they could come to mexico. that was their only option.

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

you absolutely dont have to do one. i'm not. we are having ONE wedding, and its in mexico, and if people are too lazy, cheap, or whatever other BS reason to go, why should i shell out money to throw an extra party just for those people

#7 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maura
              you absolutely dont have to do one. i'm not. we are having ONE wedding, and its in mexico, and if people are too lazy, cheap, or whatever other BS reason to go, why should i shell out money to throw an extra party just for those people
              lmao

#8 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

sorry im pretty bitchy today

#9 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Maura
                GO MAURA!! My thoughts exactly! DH's parents threw one for us in his hometown (8 hrs away) and it was fun - but we didn't have to pay for it - so that was nice! We didn't have one here where I am from b/c I just figured the same as Maura! It's so annoying too b/c all my friends that didn't come to the wedding keep asking me when the party is! Serioulsy - I'm like the party happened it Mexico! Remember, you said you couldn't go..............So no, you don't have to have one. It is up to you.

#10 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
                • 203 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

I am glad that i am not the only one who doesnt want to have two weddings. we are paying for one not 2. if my mommy and daddy wanted to help out i wouldnt have a problem with it, but i dont have that option. thanks for your help.
                  Live every day like the next will never come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users