Photo

Inviting co-workers...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KatyKo

KatyKo
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

I work for a small public radio station with only about 25 employees. It is a very relaxing, laid-back environment so we tend to know pretty much everything about everyone. I really like the folks I work with, but I'm not sure what to do about inviting them to my DW.

The whole point of doing a DW, for us, was to keep it VERY small, having only our best friends and close family there with us. But like I said before, my co-workers, especially those in my department know everything about my wedding and always want to be updated on planning and stuff.

I don't want to hurt their feelings by not inviting any of them. I don't want to invite the ones I am closer to and hurt the others. I don't want to have a million people at my wedding.

You girls are so good at all this...any advice??

#2 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
    • 308 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

Honestly, I cannot imagine a coworker getting his or her feelings hurt for not being invited to a DW. Do you guys regularly go on vacation together?

I can understand a little hurt feelings if you weren't having a DW. I would just emphasize why you chose a DW (small, intimitate, cost, etc.) and people should understand. Are you having an AHR? That is the perfect place for coworkers!

#3 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:59 AM

I work in an ER with 8 other docs and 15 nurses or so... we are all very close at work, and they all helped me with decisions about my DW, but I only invited 1 person I work with - we've been friends since med school. I told everyone that we were only inviting family and very close firends. I don't think that anyone was offended. They totally understood, still wanted to know all about my wedding, threw me a shower at work, and I never heard a complaint.

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:02 AM

I wouldn't worry about insulting co-workers. I used to work in an office with about 25 people and when someone got married, I wasn't expecting to be invited. An AHR will solve your problem. We're going to have a big BBQ when we get back to celebrate with everyone.

#5 KatyKo

KatyKo
          • 851 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thank you! An AHR is a good idea as a way to include co-workers. I knew y'all would be able to calm my mini-freak out :) I don't know what I would do without this website!!

#6 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

My department is close knit, but I only invited three out of nine people. One person made a stink about it and I ended up inviting him, but I don't think he will go.

#7 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

I invited a handful of people that i work with: 2 women that i work in a group with and my boss becuase he has been very suportive of Dean & I throughout our relationship. I am very good friends with 2 others, but I don't think anyone else will be offended. We don;t hang out outside the office.
                http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users