Photo

Clarisonic Skin Care Brush & other product questions.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:53 PM

OMFG these people are idiots

Quote:
    Chat InformationPlease wait for a professional assistant to respond.
    Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Josh'
    Josh: Welcome to SkinStore, how may I help you?
    you: Hi, this is in regards to order # 1990035 . Yesterday I spoke with a representative (both online and over the phone)
    you: in regards to the Clairisonic brush that I ordered.
    Josh: please hold
    Josh: how may I help you
    you: I was not aware that the pink version had sold out, so he canceled that order and placed a second order for the white version that he said was in stock. He waived the second shipping charge (I had paid to upgrade to FedEx 2 Day shipping) and told me that the product would be shipped yesterday and I would receive it Thurs. I have yet to receive a confirmation shipping order. If the order has not yet shipped I would just like to cancel this order and go purchase the item at the store.
    Josh: plese hold
    Josh: do you have your order number or email
    you: 1990035
    Josh: please holdd
    Josh: I am sorry that one went on backorder as well. With the sale those items do go really quick. I just spoke with our buyer and the item should be in this week. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you
    you: I would just like to cancel the order
    Josh: If you would like I cancel I will, however we should have it shipped this week. I would also be happy to refund your shipping from the first order.
    you: do you have any idea what day it would ship? is there a chance of them running out again?
    Josh: We have have enough to cover your order
    you: so it will ship for sure by friday then? yesterday the guy told me it would be 5-7 days before they would ship
    Josh: The manufacture told us they were sending a rush delivery. I am guessing worse case would be Monday, and we have you for 2 day shipping
    you: Ok, just refund the last shipping order and I'll keep this order. If I don't get confirmation by then I will cancel.
    Josh: okay your shipping had been refunded per your request. I am very sorry the inconvenience,
    I wish I had thought to copy the guy from yesterday's convo. So frustrating...

Grrrrr! I guess word of advice - DO NOT BUY from this place during a sale if it's a hot ticket item!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 luvtoteachlaw

luvtoteachlaw
    • 134 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:45 AM

So how do you like the brush? I have been using one for about a week and a half and I love it! My skin looks so much clearer, and the difficult blackheads on my nose are gone. This thing absolutely works!

I got mine new and sealed on ebay for $150.

#13 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by luvtoteachlaw
        So how do you like the brush? I have been using one for about a week and a half and I love it! My skin looks so much clearer, and the difficult blackheads on my nose are gone. This thing absolutely works!

OK, here's the deal. I've recently been searching for an all organic skin care line and have spoken with 3 estheticians from different companies. They are all against this brush. Here's what one had to say:
        Quote:
        Regarding the Clairisonic brush, I honestly don`t recommend it at this
        point as you suffer from cysts and pustules ( not even the sensitive
        brushes) .Once the skin improves, you can use it if you want but only
        once a week and not as frequently as they recommend and only if you
        are gentle with your skin.

I personally don`t like this product as it actually scratches the skin
        and, at this moment, it would only spread your bacterial infection.
        Besides the aforementioned problems, the reason why myself and the
        other organic esthetician do not recommend these products is because
        we are not in favour of anything that could harm the skin.

I know this is an expensive tool and I am not sure if you can return
        it. I think you would have benefited more from the Oxylight ( at home
        high frequency equipment) as this helps sterilize and reduce
        inflammation.

I hope you can get a refund for the Clairisonic brush. I have read so
        many questionnaires from people getting treatment that is not
        indicated for them. I guess this most be due to misinformation.

Soooo unfortunately it looks like I will need to return the brush I enjoyed it, but I don't think it will work well for acne. THey did say once the acne cleared up I could use it 1/wk but even then they don't really recommend it because it scratches the skin's surface (visible under a microscope)....

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#14 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

CRAP! I am just over the 30 day return date. BUMMMMMER!!!!

I wonder if I could resell it here or on Ebay or something like that. I have all the packaging (except I have used 1 of the sample face washes but there are still 2 left) and all someone would need to do is slip a new head on it for safety/sanitation reasons... I have an extra head that is supposed to be coming in the mail within a month....

That's just a lot of money for me to lose out on! I like the product but unfortunately with acne it is just not a good match...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#15 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

Hmmm .. any updates on this??

I am thinking of getting one! My skin has looked shitty from stress that last few weeks and I have always suffered from stubburned blackheads.

#16 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
            • 144 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

Go to this website

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#17 JenK

JenK
              • 302 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

I checked out the free clarisonic-just a heads up, it is only 'free' with a purchase of $300!

#18 pfeiffla

pfeiffla
                • 155 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

Sounds like you went through quite the run around JaimeLynne!  Sorry that it may not be the best tool; I wish I knew of something that was good for acne-prone skin!  I will say that I really like the green science exfoliator from Aveda :)

#19 maudy mac

maudy mac
                  • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

of my god, dying to get this!!! How's going now??

Originally Posted by luvtoteachlaw 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users